Model Cars Magazine Forum
Sign in to follow this  
kilrathy10

ALF Fire Chief Updated 9/21

My thread title will forever say "updated 9/21"... No way to alert folks to any updates, so I hope y'all catch this one... This one is an update for 9/28...

Got a bit more done over the past couple days... Lots of little things had to be done... Some painting of the deck, cab, and interior items had to be painted... Not really happy with the silver brush painting of the bed, so that will have to be redone... I thought the diamond plate would hide the brush strokes... Boy, was I wrong!!! The engine is all nestled in... (Good Gravy that was an "iffy" fit) Not sure if I got that right AT ALL; and the outriggers have been assembled... Almost time to put the wheels on... 😃Still lots more to go, though... Hopefully, I'll be able to get to the boom, this week...

##########20200928_194930.jpg

##########20200928_200211.jpg

##########20200928_211741.jpg

##########20200928_211826.jpg

Edited by kilrathy10

Great job! This will look awesome when you finish. 

Looking good, engine looks right, going to be a big cream orangesicle when you get that boom on it, I like it.

greg

Posted (edited)

I got a little more done over the past few days...

I repainted the diamond plate on the body, getting rid of the unsightly brush streaks from my first lazy attempt, and I was able to finally get the outriggers assembled and installed....(Those were a serious pain in the neck) Also, as I had feared, the engine was a little too far back, so an adjustment was made, and now the body sits nicely where it should.... I was, also, able to get the base for the boom painted and assembled... I figure it would be easier to attach the base, first before I install the rest of the boom assembly...

I put the wheels on, too... That was my favorite part... 😉 

Here's some pics....

##########20201004_215807.jpg

##########20201004_215750.jpg

##########20201004_215727.jpg

##########20201004_215629.jpg

##########20201004_220239.jpg

##########20201004_220259.jpg

##########20201004_214946.jpg

Edited by kilrathy10

JT your chrome diamond plate looks 100% better now and will make the black boom really stand out. What did you use for the chrome paint?

3 hours ago, Mopar - D said:

JT your chrome diamond plate looks 100% better now and will make the black boom really stand out. What did you use for the chrome paint?

This stuff... I get it from my favorite store... You know the one...😆

###############20201005_082413.jpg

Looks awesome! I will have to try that foil paint. I’ve been using Dupli-color chrome, but I think that this might look better.

Great work!