Model Cars Magazine Forum

chevy -c 3500 street machine phantom pickup

i got this amt/ertl snapfast plus kit  at a fleamarket  the decals were mostly shot as in holes puntured through some from sprues some dented  from the sprues and some   scratched andchiped away i did what i could to salvage them  i swaped out the front tires as they were to small and  narrow  plus due to  them being hollow it was hard to   put the rims back in them when they poped out  while squezzing the wheels on to the axel  i swaped them out  with a bigger and thicker set   from my parts box  i also added some extra detial   to the interior   from a  sat radio with gps screen  to the dash to speakers  on the door  to seat belt  decals  for the front and back seats  and a some gauge cluster decals i painted  the body gloss white and then  aplied  a white pearl coat  over top of it 
this is my first pick up model   and most likely my only unless i can find some  more snap kit ones maybe a ford  and a dodge  then  i can have one truck from each of the big 3    cause most of the truck models   have these  multi piece chassies   and i am not a fan of them on car models  plus i am more of a car  model gal   so truck models don't interest me mutch like real trucks and suvs don't interest me  mutch   the only real truck i like is the tesla cyber truck and thats cause of it's futuristic  sci-fi look 

IMG_9606.JPG

IMG_9608-2.JPG

IMG_9607-2.JPG

IMG_9610-2.JPG

IMG_9611-2.JPG

IMG_9612-2.JPG

IMG_9629-2.JPG

IMG_9613-2.JPG

IMG_9614-2.JPG

IMG_9615.jpg

IMG_9616.jpg

12 hours ago, Bills72sj said:

Nice job with the interior details.

thank you 

9 hours ago, avidinha said:

Nice job! That's a fun kit, I've built several different versions over the years.

thank you 

49 minutes ago, TarheelRick said:

Very nice 1-ton.  I really like the color and the interior details set it of nicely.  Good job.

thank you 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2020 at 2:43 AM, slusher said:

Very nice!

thanks 

On 10/9/2020 at 8:45 PM, SoDak1 said:

Ah yes the 90s phantom dually craze. You represented it well with this build! 

thanks 

On 10/9/2020 at 4:22 AM, stitchdup said:

Thats pretty cool, I like the late 80s early 90s style of it

thanks