Model Cars Magazine Forum

Had this one on the pile for a while and decided to finally build it. I needed something I could finish quick to get out of a slump. It will be pretty much box stock. I couldn’t stand the look of the wheels so I dechromed them and 3D printed some beadlock rings to make them look 100% better. I am still looking for one more wheel and tire if anyone has one they would part with...I need a spare for the rear hatch. Here it is so far. 

CE7DE675-2557-4476-BB0A-68D5DD1EA8AC.jpeg

B7964186-8C10-4800-95E6-9149B0A316DE.jpeg

40F91926-EF09-472C-8DC5-8F23522905B9.jpeg

A86E9423-6A8E-47D2-AB6D-8A18D1C5D44E.jpeg

E50EFD2E-63E0-47B5-8EF1-0CF654FE376D.jpeg

2 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

Nice work so far. Those tires and wheels came with the kit? The beadlock rings look great. I could use a couple of sets of those myself.

I'll be watching to see what happens with this.

Later-

Thanks. Yes these are the kit wheels and tires. 

Very nice job on the wheels Andy!  I think the last set you printed looks more sturdy.  The bedlock rings on the first set are very beautiful too but I think the wheels give more a show truck look IMHO.  What brand or type of 3D printer do you have, SLA or FDM?  The parts look very nice and crisp.   Keep doing your good work sir!

Andy, The underside of the truck looks great. Nice detail and just a bit of weathering. I'd probably go for the brown wheels and the ring. Please forgive me the dumb question but is it beadlock or bedlock ring and what are they for? Thanks, Juergen 

46 minutes ago, HJK said:

Andy, The underside of the truck looks great. Nice detail and just a bit of weathering. I'd probably go for the brown wheels and the ring. Please forgive me the dumb question but is it beadlock or bedlock ring and what are they for? Thanks, Juergen 

The beadlock ring holds the tire to the rim with a series of bolts and keeps the tire from coming off the wheel when you lower your air pressure for off-roading.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2020 at 9:21 AM, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Very nice job on the wheels Andy!  I think the last set you printed looks more sturdy.  The bedlock rings on the first set are very beautiful too but I think the wheels give more a show truck look IMHO.  What brand or type of 3D printer do you have, SLA or FDM?  The parts look very nice and crisp.   Keep doing your good work sir!

Thanks. I have an anycubic photon s sla printer. It turns out some quality prints. 

• 2 weeks later...