Model Cars Magazine Forum

72 chrysler valiant vh charger

michelle

this is a 3d printed body and dash  from shapeways the seller  has them listed  as 1/24th scale slot cars  bodies and the interior and chassie are from a 1/24th  70 t/a challenger    the wheels and exhaust tips and stearing wheel are from my parts box  the the decals i had made  by a friend  though the edges were easily seen  in the front and back 3 quarter angle shots so i did not keep them  
i painted the top half in testors  one coat lacquer  star spangled blue and the bottom half in rustoleum aluminium  

IMG_9652.JPG

IMG_9654-2.JPG

IMG_9656.JPG

IMG_9658-2.JPG

IMG_9660-2.JPG

IMG_9661.JPG

Nice job Michelle using a very tough medium to work with!  From an Aussie point of view, the original 3D designer didn't quite nail the proportions. The body is a bit fat, the roof a bit curvy and the front wheel arch is a bit far back but hey, it is absolutely positively a Charger and yes, they do look a bit stumpy in real life too!  Unlike most muscle cars here in Oz, they actually had a shorter wheelbase than the sedan from which they were derived.

Always good to see an Aussie original on these pages!

Cheers

Alan

1 hour ago, Plashdaddy said:

As an Aussie, when I saw the title VH Valiant Charger, I thought no, can’t be and yet it is with six pack decals and right hand drive too. 
Did you do the 3D printing or can they be bought pre-made?

shapeways  does the printing and sends the  printed model or parts  you ordered 

10 minutes ago, alan barton said:

Nice job Michelle using a very tough medium to work with!  From an Aussie point of view, the original 3D designer didn't quite nail the proportions. The body is a bit fat, the roof a bit curvy and the front wheel arch is a bit far back but hey, it is absolutely positively a Charger and yes, they do look a bit stumpy in real life too!  Unlike most muscle cars here in Oz, they actually had a shorter wheelbase than the sedan from which they were derived.

Always good to see an Aussie original on these pages!

Cheers

Alan

thank you   and yes i knoticed the errors in the design  but since this was the cheapest way to get a kit of this car  here in the us 

3 hours ago, Plashdaddy said:

As an Aussie, when I saw the title VH Valiant Charger, I thought no, can’t be and yet it is with six pack decals and right hand drive too. 
Did you do the 3D printing or can they be bought pre-made?

There's a Charger/Galant kit on the market.  You might be able to make a nice Valiant Charger conversion out of it.  I have the kit in my stash somewhere and it's not bad at all.

s-l500.jpg

Edited by Hard_2_Handle_454
added pic

4 hours ago, alan barton said:

Sorry, Eric, but not even close.  The Charger is a similar size and configuration to the first gen Barracuda while the Galant is closer to a Corolla.  Not saying it's a bad kit, just not something you would want to convert into a Valiant Charger.

Cheers

Alan

exactly  what i thought  also 

Edited by michelle

14 hours ago, Hard_2_Handle_454 said:

There's a Charger/Galant kit on the market.  You might be able to make a nice Valiant Charger conversion out of it.  I have the kit in my stash somewhere and it's not bad at all.

s-l500.jpg

the mitsubishi colt  galant was basicly the  dodge colt    in the usa 

53 minutes ago, 1972coronet said:

Cool concept , great execution ! 

The 1972 Valiant Charger --with the 245 cube Hemi six-- was the quickest and fastest car in Oz that year . 

Would be nice if either Revell ( hey , they produced a Trabant ! ) or Tamiya would replicate this iconic junior supercar .

thank you  i  wish alot of aussie and south american  muscle cars  would  get plastic model kits of them made either by   revell ,monogram ,tamiya or round 2 

It looks pretty accurate and 3D printing is a good way to get weird subjects. I bought the Buckaroo Banzai Jet Truck from Shapeways for this reason.

I owned a VJ charger, so i'm partial to these Mopars.

I've got the Oz Legends diecast 1/24 Charger, so i thought i'd compare it side by side with the version from Trax that i already had. I mention it as i think one of these would work out cheaper, and you don't have to buy a donor kit.

https://www.hobbytalk.com/threads/valiant-charger-comparison.587091/

4 hours ago, PappyD340 said:

You did a great job with it Michelle!

thank you 

3 hours ago, kruleworld said:

It looks pretty accurate and 3D printing is a good way to get weird subjects. I bought the Buckaroo Banzai Jet Truck from Shapeways for this reason.

I owned a VJ charger, so i'm partial to these Mopars.

I've got the Oz Legends diecast 1/24 Charger, so i thought i'd compare it side by side with the version from Trax that i already had. I mention it as i think one of these would work out cheaper, and you don't have to buy a donor kit.

https://www.hobbytalk.com/threads/valiant-charger-comparison.587091/

thank you and  cool  and can i get either of those through  us sellers    or only from  aussie sellers  cause that  would still cost a lot  for shipping   much like getting some of the aussie  muscle  car resin kits do 

Edited by michelle

23 minutes ago, michelle said:

thank you 

thank you and  cool  and can i get either of those through  us sellers    or only from  aussie sellers  cause that  would still cost a lot  for shipping   much like getting some of the aussie  muscle  car resin kits do 

try bmamodelworld.com Michelle, the shipping might not be as bad as you think as the australian dollar is pretty low value just now. I've had parts from them (and amodeller on ebay) and the shipping was less than parts from inside the uk