Model Cars Magazine Forum

Quick question...

I walked into my model room today and saw something shiny from the rug at the edge of the plastic cover under my desk. An outside rear view mirror. The model I just started still has all of it's parts including the mirrors. I have know idea where it's from or what it goes to and I don't even think I have anything missing a mirror at this point. Must be from the "Otherside" is all I can think of. 

• 4 months later...
On 9/29/2020 at 9:10 AM, espo said:

I walked into my model room today and saw something shiny from the rug at the edge of the plastic cover under my desk. An outside rear view mirror. The model I just started still has all of it's parts including the mirrors. I have know idea where it's from or what it goes to and I don't even think I have anything missing a mirror at this point. Must be from the "Otherside" is all I can think of. 

Post a pic of it...maybe it’s mine?

On 9/22/2020 at 11:45 AM, Snake45 said:

A part? I'm currently looking for a whole KIT I bought a few months ago at the toy show. Finally came up with an idea of what I can do with the incomplete mess, and now it's GONE! :blink: Have scouted the Snakepit and it's nowhere to be found. 

I only have three possible recourses to find it: 

1. Go buy another one. 

2. Give up on it; go looking for something else. 

3. Accuse The Lovely Mrs. Snake of throwing it away or moving it. 

:lol:

The kit I was looking for back in September was found a few weeks ago using Method #2. It's now Projekt JunkNova (see WIP thread) and is actually nearing completion. B)

2 minutes ago, magicmustang said:

Dust? Vacuum the floor? If you do that, how will you know where everything belongs? 

I cringe when I hear the rattle of something substantially sized going up the vacuum hose and into the bag of oblivion. I would have to be missing something pretty precious before I would go sifting through the contents.

On 9/22/2020 at 10:45 AM, Snake45 said:

A part? I'm currently looking for a whole KIT I bought a few months ago at the toy show. Finally came up with an idea of what I can do with the incomplete mess, and now it's GONE! :blink: Have scouted the Snakepit and it's nowhere to be found. 

I only have three possible recourses to find it: 

1. Go buy another one. 

2. Give up on it; go looking for something else. 

3. Accuse The Lovely Mrs. Snake of throwing it away or moving it. 

:lol:

number three is NEVER an option....not unless you want turmoil in your life.

19 hours ago, NOBLNG said:

I cringe when I hear the rattle of something substantially sized going up the vacuum hose and into the bag of oblivion. I would have to be missing something pretty precious before I would go sifting through the contents.

I remember someone hear mentioning that if you rubber band a section of ladies nylons over the end of a vacuum hose  this would trap any small parts coming from the carpet. I haven't tried it but it does sound possible I guess.