Model Cars Magazine Forum

Musical Super Groups

afx

15 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Just so everyone is clear, I believe that the OP would agree that this is the definition of supergroup, as it pertains to this thread.

supergroup.JPG.31651898e2c3f152a26506d5ca260633.JPG

Not arguing that there aren't a lot of "super" groups out there. But perhaps they're not in the spirit of this thread.

Correct - this is the intent of the thread.

here's a couple for the 80s hair guys, how about HSAS, I still had the cassette up until a couple years ago when the basement took on water

Sammy Hager  Montrose, Van Hager, Solo, Chickenfoot

Neil Schon       Journey, Santana, Bad English

Kenny Aaronson     Billy Idol, Joan Jett,

Michael Schieve       Santana

I feel like David Lee Roth's first solo band fits the description. Steve Vai, Billy Sheehan, and Greg Bissonette. I was there at the opening night of the Eat' em and Smile tour in Hampton, Va. That was the most bare breasts I have ever seen in one place, outside of a strip club. 19 year old me enjoyed the show immensely. 

Edited by stinkybritches
Added more

21 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Just so everyone is clear, I believe that the OP would agree that this is the definition of supergroup, as it pertains to this thread.

supergroup.JPG.31651898e2c3f152a26506d5ca260633.JPG

Not arguing that there aren't a lot of "super" groups out there. But perhaps they're not in the spirit of this thread.

Notice there are TWO different definitions there, one on each side of the word "or." 

Most of us are going by the second definition (as apparently intended by the OP), but NYLIBUD wants to use the first. 

4 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

No not Ozzy,but Black Sabbath can.

Yep! but they began as a bunch of working lads from the Midlands. None of them were famous before Sabbath. So not a SuperGroup.

Tony Iommi's book Iron Man is worth a read, if you haven't read it.

Cheers,

-Don.

Edited by DonW

On balance maybe most Supergroups weren't as good as the sum of their parts.

For me, Jack Bruce was diminished by the other two idiots in the Cream. And as for the Wilburys... They were all individually far better than that. 

The Firm is another example in my opinion. ELP are on the other side of the coin. And Bad Company. 

Steve, BCC aren't too shabby! I'd never heard of them.

Cheers,

-Don.

Edited by DonW