Model Cars Magazine Forum

Musical Super Groups

afx

49 minutes ago, DonW said:

Yep! but they began as a bunch of working lads from the Midlands. None of them were famous before Sabbath. So not a SuperGroup.

Tony Iommi's book Iron Man is worth a read, if you haven't read it.

Cheers,

-Don.

Oh ok,no I never read his book.I’ll take a look.

On 9/22/2020 at 4:19 PM, Can-Con said:

Well, if you likes that, how about this one?

On 9/22/2020 at 7:06 PM, StevenGuthmiller said:

This was my first thought.

They don't get any more "super" than Petty, Dylan and Harrison!

Steve

Good music choices!

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Foghat comprised of "Lonesome" Dave Peverett, Tony Stevens, Roger Earl all three came from Savoy Brown and Rod Price from Black Cat Bones,  drummer Roger Earl is the only survivor of the original lineup and is still playing with the current lineup.

34 minutes ago, PappyD340 said:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Foghat comprised of "Lonesome" Dave Peverett, Tony Stevens, Roger Earl all three came from Savoy Brown and Rod Price from Black Cat Bones,  drummer Roger Earl is the only survivor of the original lineup and is still playing with the current lineup.

I never thought of Foghat as a supergroup, more of a "what Savoy Brown evolved into" deal. 

17 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

I never thought of Foghat as a supergroup, more of a "what Savoy Brown evolved into" deal. 

Didn't think of this until you pointed it out. Was a fan of Savoy Brown and an even bigger fan of Foghat. Probably because Foghat rocked more and they were my first concert I went to.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's another 'super group' of sorts.... They're called Les Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains. They are Les Claypool, Buckethead on guitar, Brain from some Primus stuff and the Fancy Band on drums, and Bernie Worrell from Parliament and Talking Heads on keyboard.....

This is called "Elephant Ghost". It has a reggae-type drop in it, and it really comes alive about 5 minutes in......

Edited by JollySipper