Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hi all well I had a cunningly clever plan for the pin stripes on the wheels, turned out it was neither cunning nor cleve.

I thought I would get some green insulating tape cut thin strips off and stick them on (turns out its almost impossible to cut thin enough strips consistently and even when you do its incredibly stretchy and shrinks back to size withing about 10 seconds of sticking it. So back to hand painting I don't like to think how many hours of painting and repainting have gone into what I've got done here (and im not even half way there) and im not anything like happy with it.

IMG-4807.jpg
IMG-4811.jpg
IMG-4812.jpg

When I did this in my teens I remember being really chuffed with the finish I achieved then, I don't think I will ever be chuffed with the finish I achieve now.

It is too late, bit why didn't you use very fine permanent markers (like Sakura Micron, or even Sharpie)?  They come in multiple colors. While they have  transparent inks, green and red would look good over yellow.

ila-4577-3.jpg

s-l1000.jpg

Sharpie markers also include gold and silver. then there are fine paint markers like Pilot.

Pilot_Gold_EF_F_B_1024x1024.jpg?v=144006

Edited by peteski

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting this unusual model. I have visited and taken a lot of photographs in west central Indiana along Route 36 in an old wrecking yard where there are a number of steam era tractors stored. There are mostly complete but have gathered a natural patina over their decades of outdoor storage. They are massive and interesting machines with valves  ,gears and lots of other unique features seldom seen in todays world. One of these would make an interesting diorama subject if even a partial glue bomb could be found.