Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone seen this engine kit?

1 hour ago, Mr mopar said:

All those FB adds are SCAMS !!!

That's always my first thought.   My wife looks at ladies' stuff all the time.  I tell her to look for reviews or on Amazon.  That's why I was posting here.  I couldn't see how they were doing the scam there and the engine model DOES look interesting.  

• 6 months later...

Definitely a scam.

When you eventually receive the item, it isn't a model engine but some crappy lego type kit of a cartoon character worth maybe £1.99

I contacted their customer complaints and apparently I am responsible for return postage and was offered $5 us dollars as settlement so that I don't incur the cost of postage to China.

I started a PayPal dispute so will see what happens. 

• 4 months later...
On 4/24/2021 at 3:20 AM, Goldcan99 said:

Definitely a scam.

When you eventually receive the item, it isn't a model engine but some crappy lego type kit of a cartoon character worth maybe £1.99

I contacted their customer complaints and apparently I am responsible for return postage and was offered $5 us dollars as settlement so that I don't incur the cost of postage to China.

I started a PayPal dispute so will see what happens. 

It IS a scam. You receive a plastic, non-moving pieces of junk. I attempted to use their "If not completely satisfied, 100% refund" and got nothing but run around. I used PapPal dispute and will be getting my money back.  

I got lucky and saved the website with the video of what they are baiting and switching with along with pictures of the junk I got and sent that to PayPal.

I can send pictures of the piece of junk if anyone wants to see before they buy.