Model Cars Magazine Forum

P.E. Callout!!! Bring out your Photoetched!!!

Plastic_Passion

6 minutes ago, Pete J. said:

Here you go.  I will need to do some digging to find the interior photos. 

Absolutely outstanding Pete - I did a quick search for a build thread for whatever that engine was going in but didn't find anything...but this will give me something to study for a while! ? 

Thanks for sharing!

Edited by CabDriver

9 hours ago, CabDriver said:

Absolutely outstanding Pete - I did a quick search for a build thread for whatever that engine was going in but didn't find anything...but this will give me something to study for a while! ? 

Thanks for sharing!

In the interest if transparency, it was built some time ago.  I did a build thread but it was a very long time ago and I used Photobucket to host the photos.  When Photobucket changed to a fee for service company the thread was ruined. 

This is the second one of these that I built.   This one was built under commission for Matthew Wells, owner of Scale Motorsport to highlight his super detail set.  It was featured in his "customer builds" section on his web site.  It is still there but it seems that section of his site is not working at the moment.  I'm sure I have several photos of the interior somewhere.  I will post them when I locate them. 

9 hours ago, Pete J. said:

In the interest if transparency, it was built some time ago.  I did a build thread but it was a very long time ago and I used Photobucket to host the photos.  When Photobucket changed to a fee for service company the thread was ruined. 

This is the second one of these that I built.   This one was built under commission for Matthew Wells, owner of Scale Motorsport to highlight his super detail set.  It was featured in his "customer builds" section on his web site.  It is still there but it seems that section of his site is not working at the moment.  I'm sure I have several photos of the interior somewhere.  I will post them when I locate them. 

It looks like a great build - thanks for the reply Pete!  Would love to see more photos as and when you find them!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2020 at 9:03 AM, Classicgas said:

Wow. This stuff is amazing. Was going to post my 70 Challenger with a bunch of aftermarket but it pales compared to these beauties.

Do it!!!! Doesnt matter if it you think it pales in comparison! Not a competition by any means. I have on model with P.E. parts and it's not even close to being done by any stretch of the imagination. 

On 12/19/2020 at 6:03 AM, Classicgas said:

Wow. This stuff is amazing. Was going to post my 70 Challenger with a bunch of aftermarket but it pales compared to these beauties.

4 hours ago, Plastic_Passion said:

Do it!!!! Doesnt matter if it you think it pales in comparison! Not a competition by any means. I have on model with P.E. parts and it's not even close to being done by any stretch of the imagination. 

I agree.  This thread is about being proud of the work you have done.  Every time you try something new or a little more difficult, you should be proud of it.  You are moving forward

.  PE is only a small part of that but progress is always to be  commended.  I have received some very nice comments on my work in this thread.  However the next build I do, I will take the lessons I learned and try to improve on it.  My personal competition is the last model I built, not the people I share this wonderful hobby with.   

5 hours ago, Pete J. said:

I agree.  This thread is about being proud of the work you have done.  Every time you try something new or a little more difficult, you should be proud of it.  You are moving forward

.  PE is only a small part of that but progress is always to be  commended.  I have received some very nice comments on my work in this thread.  However the next build I do, I will take the lessons I learned and try to improve on it.  My personal competition is the last model I built, not the people I share this wonderful hobby with.   

Well said Pete! That's the exact reason I made the thread! 

Well ok. I am proud of it. This is the Monogram 1/24 70 Challenger. Built in 2003. Painted with wood stain! Done 2 cars like that, never again lol. She has a resin hood and rear valance. Don't remember where I got them. PE leaf springs, PE and white metal front rotors and calipers, white metal rear brake drums, aluminum pulleys, aluminum drive shaft, white metal u joints, solder exhaust, resin mufflers and  exhaust tips, pe seatbelt buckles, iirc the tires and wheels were Otaki. PE hoodpins.  I think that's everything lol.

70_cha11.jpg

70_cha12.jpg

70_cha13.jpg

70_cha12.jpg

70_cha10.jpg

70_cha14.jpg

70_cha10.jpg

70_cha10.jpg

70_cha13.jpg

2 hours ago, Classicgas said:

Well ok. I am proud of it. This is the Monogram 1/24 70 Challenger. Built in 2003. Painted with wood stain! Done 2 cars like that, never again lol. She has a resin hood and rear valance. Don't remember where I got them. PE leaf springs, PE and white metal front rotors and calipers, white metal rear brake drums, aluminum pulleys, aluminum drive shaft, white metal u joints, solder exhaust, resin mufflers and  exhaust tips, pe seatbelt buckles, iirc the tires and wheels were Otaki. PE hoodpins.  I think that's everything lol.

70_cha11.jpg

70_cha12.jpg

70_cha13.jpg

70_cha12.jpg

70_cha10.jpg

70_cha14.jpg

70_cha10.jpg

70_cha10.jpg

70_cha13.jpg

A lot of very nice detail!  Congratulations on a great build!

7 hours ago, Classicgas said:

70_cha11.jpg

70_cha12.jpg

70_cha13.jpg

70_cha12.jpg

70_cha10.jpg

70_cha14.jpg

70_cha10.jpg

70_cha10.jpg

70_cha13.jpg

Very stunning!!!! I love this! Challengers and cuda are one of my faves. This is absolutely beautiful! I'm very glad you posted it. Great job on it!