Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rolling Stone Top 500 Albums

Snake45

3 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Not for my generation of rock music.

There were no rap d-js back then.

We had disco to deal with! ?

Steve

and you said rap was bad, lol. but then it influenced a lot of later styles and had a sorta revival fairly recently if shortlived,

3 minutes ago, stitchdup said:

and you said rap was bad, lol. but then it influenced a lot of later styles and had a sorta revival fairly recently if shortlived,

Honestly, I don't really think anything is bad. (well........)

There are just some things that I can't listen to.

Just like my father couldn't take classic rock, I can't handle rap.

But to be honest, I would take rap all day, every day over the vapid "bubble gum pop" junk that has infected the airwaves for the past 30 years.

Nothing nauseates me more than some brainless blonde bimbo wailing away because someone told her she had talent.

Brittney Spears?........Please!!

Steve

On 9/23/2020 at 10:00 PM, StevenGuthmiller said:

I don't have a lot of confidence in a list of "the best albums of all time" that doesn't even include Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" album in the top 50.

An album that has sold over 45 million copies, (4th all time) and charted in the "Billboard" top albums chart for 950 weeks doesn't make the top 50?

Yeah, right.

Steve

I agree

On 9/24/2020 at 1:41 AM, 1930fordpickup said:

AC/DC Back in Black and Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon not in the top 10???   What had Rolling Stone became?  Now I remember why I stopped getting that rag years ago. 

When they put Dire Straights Brothers In Arms in the 400's they must have been high on something. 

I really thought the same thing that someone was on something..

Everyone has their favorites  but AC/DC should be in the top 50 with ZZ Top at least twice and Queen, George Micheal Faith Micheal JacKson Bad Pink Floyd at least twice Van Halen. Jay-Z and Doctor Dre and Beyoncé should not be that high.  No love for Al Green in the basement. Where is. Aerosmith in the top 50. 

1 hour ago, slusher said:

So you didn’t have a leisure suit?  Just kidding......

I didn't have a leisure suit. 

I DID on the other hand enjoy SOME disco music. The Saturday Night Fever soundtrack, for example, is great music and richly deserves its place on the list. 

8 hours ago, slusher said:

So you didn’t have a leisure suit?  Just kidding......

I've owned 2 suits in my entire life.

One was a light blue catastrophe that I had back in the 80s that I might have worn once or twice, but not to a disco. :D

6 hours ago, Snake45 said:

I DID on the other hand enjoy SOME disco music. The Saturday Night Fever soundtrack, for example, is great music and richly deserves its place on the list. 

Ewwww!

Every time I hear anything by the Bee Gees, I just cringe!! :P

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

19 minutes ago, 1972coronet said:

That must be the PMRC release of that album... 

It's what happened after the Model Cars Mag forum got done with it. :angry:

11 minutes ago, 1972coronet said:

Even their 60's songs ? 

He already said he doesn't even like "To Love Somebody." He just ain't hooked up right. It is so very sad, 'cause he seems like a good guy in every other way. B)