Model Cars Magazine Forum

1935 Ford

Don't know. But someplace I was thinking I saw 35 parts or kit in resin. I was looking too lol. But that was some time ago and the memory vague.

I was about 5 yo when my dad had me sit on his lap and steer his 35 Ford sedan. Imagine doing that today ? They would put both of us in jail.

Edited by Dave G.

I have been looking for some time as I have a real 35 Ford Phaeton project car and I would like to try some ideas out on a model.  The only thing available in 1/24/25 is a very well done diecast Sedan delivery.  Everything is very well done except for the shape of the windscreen - it bears little resemblance to a real 35 in this area but the grille, hood, fenders, and body mouldings are real good.  I have cut the top off a spare one and have begun converting it into a phaeton.  I will be using AMT 36 roadster parts to complete the conversion.  If this conversion is successful I will get my mate to do a resin cast.

The manufacturer is Unique Replicas and even here in Australia, admittedly about fifteen years ago, they were reasonably priced in the $35-50 range.  Might be dearer now on eBay. There were a variety in both stock and street rod versions. The only thing a little funky is the work they did on the plastic chassis to give it poseable steering and  spring suspension.  Four small coils do the trick even though they moulded in the transverse spring! 

Cheers

Alan

Thanks for the photos- the differences in the fenders, especially the rear ones, is subtle- I'll try to find a side by side to really see the differences. I feel the AMT 36 front fenders are a little too short in front of the wheels- any opinions on this?

On 9/25/2020 at 11:30 PM, alan barton said:

I have been looking for some time as I have a real 35 Ford Phaeton project car and I would like to try some ideas out on a model.  The only thing available in 1/24/25 is a very well done diecast Sedan delivery.  

Not sure if this is the sedan delivery that you mentioned (?) It's packed away so I can't get my hands on it

heZ2bic.jpg

Mp47F7F.jpg

o2dyHq1.jpg

I got it years ago and don't remember who made it , my thought was to make copies of the parts needed to build a  '35 Ford , but it is too nice to take apart and I really like it as a sedan delivery so I didn't feel the need to sacrifice it knowing it might never be put back together after casting the parts.

my Dad had a very nice original '35 Ford 2  dr sedan-so I would have had to come up with a sedan body as well

qV81TyH.jpg

That's it!  I too was reluctant to cut up mine - I have a white street rod and a red fire truck, but eventually scored a pair of pre-loved versions, one of which has already felt the cut-off wheel in the angle grinder!

To do your Dad's sedan, this diecast model combined with the plastic body off Testors 37 style hot rod van  ( forgotten the name for now, Vantastic?) would have you hitting the 1/25th scale streets pretty soon

Cheers

Alan

Edited by alan barton

1 hour ago, alan barton said:

That's it!  I too was reluctant to cut up mine - I have a white street rod and a red fire truck, but eventually scored a pair of pre-loved versions, one of which has already felt the cut-off wheel in the angle grinder!

To do your Dad's sedan, this diecast model combined with the plastic body off Testors 37 style hot rod van  ( forgotten the name for now, Vantastic?) would have you hitting the 1/25th scale streets pretty soon

Cheers

Alan

would the revell 37 sedan not work better to build a more stock version

One of the things I really like about the '35 2dr sedan  was that all four side windows were the same cut of glass-one window glass fit any of the 4 side window openings 

I have this reprint of the sales brochure 

XoTw1yU.jpg

bXALChp.jpg

I'm going to leave my diecast alone, other than having a replica of my Dads car , I really like the sedan delivery

18 hours ago, Rodent said:

I am glad that I am not the only weirdo that likes the "red-headed stepchild" '35. 

Far from it. I also for years have thought that the 35 was a far more attractive car than the 36. And the 36 is also a far from ugly design.