Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum
damodelguy az

48 PLYMOUTH CONV

Recommended Posts

a stock 48 plymouth conv resin, naaa, only at a glance.  its the resin body, bumpers, dash, hood, boot.  48 ford chassis, interior, tires . bag built 56 chrysler 300b hubcaps, 392 hemi engine. built 9/25/2020   thanx for your peak

20200923_195733.jpg

20200918_151614.jpg

20200919_204647.jpg

20200918_195524.jpg

20200918_195412.jpg

20200919_204738.jpg

20200925_222958.jpg

20200925_223028.jpg

20200925_223123.jpg

20200925_223141.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great looking color and I like how you used all of the later Chrysler parts especially the Hemi engine. You mentioned the resin body and I was wondering about the source .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i got  this resin back in 5/23/14 from e bay, msmiteymouse  along with 3 other resins with it.   paint color was hampstead green met   dupli color

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, damodelguy az said:

i got  this resin back in 5/23/14 from e bay, msmiteymouse  along with 3 other resins with it.   paint color was hampstead green met   dupli color

Then it’s an R&R Resin. Mighty Mouse was Ray’s EBay seller, then he died and his wife continued to sell hence the Ms Mighty Mouse.

Ray Parsons was a character. Every time you saw him at a show he was grumpy and said, “This is the last year I’m doing this!”  But he said that every year!

He never got along with computers and e-commerce so he found a friend who sold for him on eBay and did a pretty good volume... more than Ray sold going to shows!

One day at NNL East, Ray was not registered as a vendor and he comes strolling up to the admission tables. He’s smiling ear to ear and declares he’s coming to the show just visiting folks. He has an arm full of R&R kits that he gives us as door prizes. 

He told me that life was good! He had the eBay seller so he didn’t have to truck it to shows anymore, and that was the part of the business he hated! He said he loved to work in his shop so he’d pour resin as long as he could.

Unfortunately that was the last time I saw him. He died later that year. Too bad he discovered the secret to happiness too late!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2020 at 4:12 PM, Tom Geiger said:

Then it’s an R&R Resin. Mighty Mouse was Ray’s EBay seller, then he died and his wife continued to sell hence the Ms Mighty Mouse.

Ray Parsons was a character. Every time you saw him at a show he was grumpy and said, “This is the last year I’m doing this!”  But he said that every year!

He never got along with computers and e-commerce so he found a friend who sold for him on eBay and did a pretty good volume... more than Ray sold going to shows!

One day at NNL East, Ray was not registered as a vendor and he comes strolling up to the admission tables. He’s smiling ear to ear and declares he’s coming to the show just visiting folks. He has an arm full of R&R kits that he gives us as door prizes. 

He told me that life was good! He had the eBay seller so he didn’t have to truck it to shows anymore, and that was the part of the business he hated! He said he loved to work in his shop so he’d pour resin as long as he could.

Unfortunately that was the last time I saw him. He died later that year. Too bad he discovered the secret to happiness too late!

If I remember correctly he used to ship all of his selling stock, in advance, in steamer trunks so he didn't have to carry anything with him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 1320wayne said:

If I remember correctly he used to ship all of his selling stock, in advance, in steamer trunks so he didn't have to carry anything with him. 

I never heard that one!  In the weeks before NNL East I received a load of stuff from vendors but nothing from Ray! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice work, Glen!

Ray always came to Copperstate Model Car Championship, grumbling and grumping about how it was too hot to bother with and it was the last time he was going to come. Every year he said that. Then he'd come the next year and say it again!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...