Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/24 Ford Cosworth DFV 3d printed

Hello everyone,

another one of my engines is finished, this time it's a rather small one - the iconic DFV. Really fascinating how well engineered this one is, everything neatly tucked away. Those pumps were hell. The headers are modeled after those on a Tyrrell six wheeler since I found no other usable reference.

So here it is in 1/24 for starters, as usual, no attention to color, wiring etc, simply made of printed parts with no finish other than an overall thin layer of silver. Parts are: block, two pumps, distributor with Lucas unit, two intakes, gearbox, two brakediscs, two calipers, two header combinations and two endpipes.

The overall length is 50mm. If you want one too please tell me which scale you'd prefer, I heard Formula kits come in 1/20. Enjoy and thanks for looking!

DSC_0531.jpg

DSC_0533.jpg

DSC_0536.jpg

DSC_0538.jpg

DSC_0539.jpg

DSC_0541.jpg

DSC_0542.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi

i Seem to be getting evermore obsessed by the amazing Cosworth dfv, I was lucky enough to be around in the 70s that’s where the love affair started.

I’ve been looking for a kit of this engine to make and detail, with no success thus far.

so are you still making them 🫰🏻and in what scales, I model my cars 1/20 and would love to have a larger scale as well.

best regards

Gordon Keown.

• 11 months later...
On 9/26/2020 at 9:27 AM, mad mike said:

Hello everyone,

another one of my engines is finished, this time it's a rather small one - the iconic DFV. Really fascinating how well engineered this one is, everything neatly tucked away. Those pumps were hell. The headers are modeled after those on a Tyrrell six wheeler since I found no other usable reference.

So here it is in 1/24 for starters, as usual, no attention to color, wiring etc, simply made of printed parts with no finish other than an overall thin layer of silver. Parts are: block, two pumps, distributor with Lucas unit, two intakes, gearbox, two brakediscs, two calipers, two header combinations and two endpipes.

The overall length is 50mm. If you want one too please tell me which scale you'd prefer, I heard Formula kits come in 1/20. Enjoy and thanks for looking!

I have been looking for a 1/20 scale DFV for a long time.  Is that a Hewland FGB gearbox, looks close enough to it?  Please let me know if you have a storefront, I couldn't find anything online.  I am usually on f1m.com forums, same username.

Thanks

Keith Walker