Model Cars Magazine Forum

Question on 1954/55 Dodge Royal Lancer kit

Without eyeballing the kits side by I would look an AMT 53/4 Ford for chassis an a starting point for the interior tub

The Poly-head motor is an issue as the only one I know of is a 3D print. The 6 banger from the 41 Plymouth is correct and so would the drive train be if that was used

If a Hemi is wanted an AlaKart Red Ram motor would be the one one to aim for

I recently completed a 56 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer resin kit and I looked at the 56 Ford Vicky as a donor chassis - they are amazingly similar in real life 

I had the Friction Toy of this car made by JoHan way back when. They didn't offer any type of interior and the frame was a flat metal plate with metal axels for the wheels and tires. Something along the lines of what others have offered may be your best bet.  

19 hours ago, bill-e-boy said:

Without eyeballing the kits side by I would look an AMT 53/4 Ford for chassis an a starting point for the interior tub

The Poly-head motor is an issue as the only one I know of is a 3D print. The 6 banger from the 41 Plymouth is correct and so would the drive train be if that was used

If a Hemi is wanted an AlaKart Red Ram motor would be the one one to aim for

I recently completed a 56 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer resin kit and I looked at the 56 Ford Vicky as a donor chassis - they are amazingly similar in real life 

The 54 Dodge did not have a poly head engine based on the hemi engine. They didn't start until 55. If the poly engine you remarked is mine, which I'm assuming it is. it's an A block introduced in 56 for the P

lymouth. The Ala Kart engine is another screw up. It's totally out of scale. Therefor, I created the correct hemi engine based on the real engine, which is in my avatar.

If the promo is a 54, I can't help you except provide the correct engine. If it's a 55, it's an entirely different story. I am currently working on correcting a very screwed up cad file from Hum 3d. It is a challenge, to say the least. This is where I'm currently at.

1428936608_Dodge_Coronet_convertible_19559-26-20scaled.png.1fa3249b9de4f9e97914ca380e295e08.png

The 55/56 Chrysler is way bigger than the Dodge. In 1/25 and in real life

See pix below where I have piggy backed the 56 300B on top of the 56 Dodge and a chassis shot

I did a build up of a MCW 56 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer earlier this year. The interior is tub style so I cut the sides off to detail them then glued it all back together

I did not go much further with detail upgrades and stayed with the resin chassis and built it curb side

I modeled it after the full size car I own

The 55 and 56 Dodges were very similar and were the last of the old style chassis. The 57 is a totally different beast. I suppose the 57 Plymouth "Christine" may be considered as a donor but there are a lot of differences. Same deal between the 56 P and 57 P cars as for Dodge

Doug - the rendering looks awesome

IMG_4049.JPG

IMG_5431.JPG

IMG_5432.JPG