Model Cars Magazine Forum

Little Dodge

I want to apologize for not being active lately. Life has taken a few crazy turns in the past few months. It’s good to know there is always a place here to get away from some of life’s issues. Thanks to you all.

The Dodge is finished. I made a few boneheaded mistakes but it still turned out decent. 

7096B7BE-BA3D-41E1-9BDA-C049F71DF101.jpeg

1C43F114-58E0-4886-9C0A-2242ADC232ED.jpeg

6DDF9436-15BF-43A6-AD61-197C38052E91.jpeg

E7815B85-8DC2-4F0C-A560-1201E69EC16F.jpeg

2 hours ago, Mopar - D said:

Nice Dodge!  What kit did you use for your donor? I’m getting ready to build my 3rd one. 

Thanks Dan! I used the the AMT GMC Astro for the donor. Don’t forget to move the exhaust closer to the cab and notch the frame so the cab will tilt. 

55 minutes ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

Brian you did a great job on this one! I like the weathered look you came up with. You have really captured the vintage look of these old trucks. I really like this one!!

Thanks Brian! I really like the look of a weathered truck. I like showroom paint jobs too but a weathered truck gives more of a sense of realism, IMO. 

On 9/29/2020 at 10:02 AM, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Nice job Brian, very realistic weathering, looks like It is back from a long haul.  I don't remember the last time I saw a real one on the road.  Well done sir!!!

Thank you, Francis. I don’t remember seeing any of these on the road, but I have seen a few at truck shows many years ago. 

On 9/29/2020 at 12:38 PM, Ack! Ack-ack! said:

Interesting model, I like the very cubic look!

Thanks. It’s definitely a boxy cab.

21 hours ago, TECHMAN said:

???

Looks like a serious old workhorse!!!  Class one job on the build!!!  Was that one of Dave Natalie's cabs?

DJ

Thanks DJ. Yes, the cab is from Dave and was great as always. 

Edited by Dutzie
See