Model Cars Magazine Forum

Shelby Mustang GT350 1967 AMT

fazmodeller

The Shelby Mustang is a high-performance variant of the Ford Mustang which was built by Shelby American from 1965 to 1968. For 1967, the GT350 model carried over the K-Code high performance 289 cu in engine with a 'COBRA' aluminum hi-rise. AMT produced a 1/25 scale kit of the 1967 model of this iconic muscle car. It is built Out of Box for a change and overall was an enjoyable build. Paints were Tamiya TS lacquers and Alclad metallizers.

Steve Hansford

Melbourne, Australia

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fazmodeller

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by fazmodeller

Beautifully done Steve! The colour is the perfect fit for the Shelby. Back in sixty-seven I lusted after this ride while still short a couple of years from having my operator’s licence. This was the really the last generation of Shelby Mustangs before Ford took over design and production. 
Congrats on the build and thanks for jogging my memories... Cheers Misha 

4 hours ago, Bills72sj said:

SWEET! I am building one now. How did you do the detailed emblems front and rear?

If I had to guess I’d say say Keith Marks.  I built this kit with his decals about 15 years ago so it’s little dusty.  I was surprised the LED flashlight I was holding to get a good close up made the headlights look very realistic.

If anyone cares the original 67 GT350 tire size was E70-15.  The kit tires are F70-14 and I assume from the groove in the sidewall they are supposed to be a whitewall or redline so I may do a tire swap on mine if I can find the correct RWL tires in another kit.

C9BE7CBC-B59C-4D0B-B15E-E8A3C3572923.jpeg

C4259830-6CB1-406D-8FCB-1AC77CD60790.jpeg

09D11016-E9A9-4DE9-A906-670AF7DF4AEF.jpeg

DB7F258D-E013-4F37-9F22-E043516E1EAF.jpeg

932AA148-8792-4855-992D-8322A420CFB1.jpeg

Edited by vamach1

8 hours ago, vamach1 said:

If I had to guess I’d say say Keith Marks.  I built this kit with his decals about 15 years ago so it’s little dusty.  I was surprised the LED flashlight I was holding to get a good close up made the headlights look very realistic.

If anyone cares the original 67 GT350 tire size was E70-15.  The kit tires are F70-14 and I assume from the groove in the sidewall they are supposed to be a whitewall or redline so I may do a tire swap on mine if I can find the correct RWL tires in another kit.

Thank you for the update. I appreciate it.