Model Cars Magazine Forum

2014 Ford Raptor

6 hours ago, lghtngyello03 said:

Super clean build Tom! Glad my build inspired you to do one of these kits.  They are way underrated! The Scenes Unlimited tires make a huge difference for sure.

Yeah Scott, after seeing your beautiful build I needed one for my shelf. Might have to pick up another one or two before everyone finds out about them  for someday in the future.

Later-

Beautiful build Tom. I love it. I just ordered those exact tires, and some wheels for a Raptor I'm working on and was wondering how they'd look

just to come here and see exactly how they'd look. Happy with my purchase, now just to make mine look close to yours and I'll be happy.

Thanks Fellas. The shade of paint really turned out just as I wanted. I'll have to use it on another build someday.

17 hours ago, Jhedir6 said:

Beautiful build Tom. I love it. I just ordered those exact tires, and some wheels for a Raptor I'm working on and was wondering how they'd look

just to come here and see exactly how they'd look. Happy with my purchase, now just to make mine look close to yours and I'll be happy.

David,

The tires are very nice and really add to the build. I'm sure your build will be amazing. It's a fun kit to build. Be sure and post a WIP with lots of pictures.

Later-

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2020 at 4:23 AM, Cpt Tuttle said:

Modern trucks might not be my thing but I like this one, very nice work.

On 10/20/2020 at 3:49 PM, vincen47 said:

This really shows the potential in that kit. Not just for beginners. It can be made into something special like this. Great work.

Thanks Guys! Yes, this simple kit can be made to look like a higher dollar kit with just a little bit of detail painting. I'm going to have to get me at least one more for a future project.

Later-

Incredibly nice work!  Great paint/color and excellent detailing make your build of this overlooked model a real standout - A+   And keep those Raptors coming . . .  

I used one of these kits for a fantasy roll-back wrecker project a few years ago and I've added a couple more to my stash.   794902642_raptorwreckerwcorvette.jpg.3c0039af97ab48b0fd662762857163fd.jpg

17 hours ago, Steve Geer said:

Incredibly nice work!  Great paint/color and excellent detailing make your build of this overlooked model a real standout - A+   And keep those Raptors coming . . .  

I used one of these kits for a fantasy roll-back wrecker project a few years ago and I've added a couple more to my stash.   794902642_raptorwreckerwcorvette.jpg.3c0039af97ab48b0fd662762857163fd.jpg

Steve,

That looks great! Nice idea. Where did you get the roll-back bed? Thanks for sharing.

Later-