Model Cars Magazine Forum

Black Widow '27 Ford

bogger44

This was a quick build to fill some time during my other current project.  A very simple and basic kit as we all know, but it builds well and was a lot of fun.  She's completely box stock with the exception of two items, I added a better looking distributor and sourced a transmission from my parts box since the kit doesn't have one.  Paint is Testors Mystic Emerald & Duplicolor Performance White.  It's not really a subject I build often, but it was kinda refreshing and will look good on the shelf.  Thanks for lookin' and any comments/questions.

Oh yeah, I dumped the kit radiator hose for a piece of braided looking elastic thread.

2v2HhEsydxAKN8F.jpg

2v2HhEPbrxAKN8F.jpg

2v2HhEPUNxAKN8F.jpg

2v2HhEPadxAKN8F.jpg

2v2HhEPA5xAKN8F.jpg

2v2HhEPwoxAKN8F.jpg

2v2HhEPtjxAKN8F.jpg

2v2HhEP7MxAKN8F.jpg

8 hours ago, BlackSheep214 said:

Wow. Very nice! Didn’t know there was such a kit called The Black Widow. What year is that kit?

Thanks, not sure if you wanted to know the year of the car or when it was issued, but they call it a '27 and it was re-issued around 10 years ago.

8 hours ago, Phirewriter said:

Very nice, looks great in that shade of green. You realize you're now going to have to build this and paint it black.

hqdefault (1)_1.jpg

If I found that kit, I'd have to Lol! Thanks a lot.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Thanks guys!

On 10/5/2020 at 10:03 AM, Paul Payne said:

The original kit was released in the very early sixties aa both a motorized and static version. I added a drive train and flathead to mine. Makes a nice tow vehicle for the streamliner.

132.jpg

Love your take on it Paul.  Very sharp!