Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC 1979 Chevy Nova, Stock Version

doorsovdoon

47 minutes ago, TimJ said:

Great job Gareth. I've got one of these that I was going to build as a Squad Rod but having seen yours I'm leaning towards doing it stock (when/if I get around to it).  

Thanks, Tim. Hope to see it sometime, either stock or Squad Rod it's a nice stress free kit.

Edited by doorsovdoon

Might I say, as bit of a condusore of sorts on this particular subject (note my screen name) This kit is superb!  Honestly one of the best representation of the Squad Rod that I have seen. I'm glad you took a chance on the kit. Very neatly done, my only hope is that everyone else sees the potential that you have...Your work clearly showcases that in full.... Bravo sir! ? ? ?  ???

I don't know what to say ? ! Speechless! It's brilliant. I never thought that kit could turn out that right! You've done a grand job on that mate and you've got my juices flowing about mine now. Just spot on mate. 

The thing is, now you've finished it, what are we all going to talk about? We went all around the houses on this build! (And may I say, you were very gracious about it all)

Love it.  

4 hours ago, ksnow said:

Great build and thank you for the WIP thread. I took lots of notes about vinyl tops for a Camaro project I am working on.

Thanks, Kyle. There's enough info in that WIP thread for anyone doing a vinyl roof an any car I think! Lol

Edited by doorsovdoon

1 hour ago, Rockford said:

I don't know what to say ? ! Speechless! It's brilliant. I never thought that kit could turn out that right! You've done a grand job on that mate and you've got my juices flowing about mine now. Just spot on mate. 

The thing is, now you've finished it, what are we all going to talk about? We went all around the houses on this build! (And may I say, you were very gracious about it all)

Love it.  

Thanks, Stephen. Yes, it was a bit of a riot in WIP! it was great, haha. Lots more builds coming and everyone's invited so who knows:)

• 3 months later...

Been debating purchasing this kit but haven't found one at the right price. Did a search to see a completed one when I came across this very impressive build. I have to say the color combination is so appropriate for the era and so is the vinyl top.  

14 hours ago, AMT68 said:

Been debating purchasing this kit but haven't found one at the right price. Did a search to see a completed one when I came across this very impressive build. I have to say the color combination is so appropriate for the era and so is the vinyl top.  

Thanks, Tom. It's a bit basic underneath and the interior isn't correct for a '79 but yeah, it does build up into a lovely looking piece. No fit issues and is very well detailed.