Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 AMT 1963 Chevy II Nova Station Wagon - Craftsman Plus

Casey

48 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

That's pretty darn close, but the "Largest...Habra" line should be in the black or dark blue. 

Still, I might get a set of these. Thanks! B)

These were made a few years ago for someone who was building from an original, and that's the color he specified. They can actually be made any color you want. 

Looking through back issues of The Rodder's Journal, makes me think that this little wagon would make an Awesome push car for an early dragster. Borrow the wood push bar from the '65 Chevelle wagon, or scratch build your own. Use some small sponsor decals on the back or side glass, and throw a tool box in the back.

Easy-Peasy Nifty Project.

On 12/28/2020 at 10:17 AM, Daddyfink said:

Just found this 

"I know it's geeky, but this is still my favorite. What, is Don Nicholson about 7 feet tall? Am I seeing a 4 lug front end with a 5 lug rear? Some funky front fender flare work and probably some torch work in the rear wheel wells. I'd like to know from any primary source to be sure, but I think this was a '62 fuelie 327 under the hood and a T-10 4-speed. Don't know what the rear is. Front clip paint doesn't exactly match the Ermine White on the rest of the body, so it may be fiberglass. With an unlimited budget and tons of garage space, I think this would be what I would want to build, with no parts made after 1963."

Early Nova/Chevy ll Funny Cars | Chevy Nova Forum

The reason for the flared front fenders is because it looks like the front wheels have been moved forward to me. Was that legal in this class or was there a little cheating going on. (imagine that)

3 minutes ago, oldscool said:

The reason for the flared front fenders is because it looks like the front wheels have been moved forward to me. Was that legal in this class or was there a little cheating going on. (imagine that)

It might also be that he is running slightly larger diameter wheels and tires as well. 

On 1/2/2021 at 12:27 PM, oldscool said:

I think in FX, 2% of WB was acceptable, for moving the wheels forward. Yep! Four lug wheels. My first car was a '63 Chevy II, and it had four lug wheels. Dyno clearly has a beefier rear axle than stock!

8 hours ago, Rodent said:

You don't have a website?

Don't currently have a site but oddly enough Facebook has put together in the past couple of months a fairly solid online storefront which I use for a small amount of supplemental e-business. Sort of our starting point that if it grows enough we'll move to a full blown dedicated page and online storefront. We do really well with our local customers in Northeast Ohio thankfully. 

21 minutes ago, ChrisBcritter said:

Three strikes - checked HobbyTown USA in Northbrook, Des Plaines Hobbies, and Hobby Lobby in Deerfield; not there yet. No more shipments until next week.

Check Hobby Lobby in about November, maybe they'll have it by then, but I wouldn't count on it.