Model Cars Magazine Forum

Noodles.

iamsuperdan

I doubt Bandai would even think about tooling up a ‘68 Cougar (it being totally irrelevant to their market). If you needed any more persuading that Japanese modellers are a law unto themselves, and that Japanese model companies focus on what sells at home first, then this is it. Hasegawa’s 1/12 scale office furniture range of kits that includes a toilet and vending machine as well as chairs, desks and cupboards should have been a big clue already, though!

best,

M.

Edited by Matt Bacon

14 minutes ago, Matt Bacon said:

Hasegawa’s 1/12 scale office furniture range of kits that includes a toilet and vending machine as well as chairs, desks and cupboards should have been a big clue already, though!

best,

M.

That one's easily understood. There's a vibrant 1/12 scale dollhouse market, all kinds of stuff is available. 

Yeah, I'm sorry, but that's just stupid!

Why produce a model of something where you can readily buy the real thing cheaper than the model?

If I wanted to display a cup of noodles,.........I'd buy a cup of noodles!

If anyone actually buys these, my confidence in humanity will be greatly diminished. :rolleyes:

Steve

4 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Yeah, I'm sorry, but that's just stupid!

Why produce a model of something where you can readily buy the real thing cheaper than the model?

If I wanted to display a cup of noodles,.........I'd buy a cup of noodles!

If anyone actually buys these, my confidence in humanity will be greatly diminished. :rolleyes:

Steve

A real Cup O Noodles would probably have about the same shelf life as this kit!

After looking a little more closely, I have to conclude that this is a joke.

Either that or they think that modelers are infinitely stupid!

"Please be careful not to accidentally swallow or eat it"?????? :blink:

Any of you guys ever "accidentally" try to drive one of your models?

C'mon!

Steve

25 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

After looking a little more closely, I have to conclude that this is a joke.

Either that or they think that modelers are infinitely stupid!

It's real. It's a collaboration with Bandai and Nissin to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Cup Noodles, only available in Japan and North America. Just because this isn't your particular cup of noodles ;)  doesn't mean someone else won't find it interesting. Renwal/Life-Like/Lindberg anatomical kits were extremely popular too.

32 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Well, this item deserves one of these!

We Invented Plastic Vomit and Artificial Dog Poo | HuffPost

Steve

I had one of those in high school that I used in the cafeteria during lunch. I put it by the trash can that you were supposed to scrape your plate off at. The only consolation to the three day suspension was watching the principal try and keep a straight face while he told my step mother why she needed to come pick my up at school.   

11 minutes ago, SfanGoch said:

It's real. It's a collaboration with Bandai and Nissin to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Cup Noodles, only available in Japan and North America. Just because this isn't your particular cup of noodles ;)  doesn't mean someone else won't find it interesting. Renwal/Life-Like/Lindberg anatomical kits were extremely popular too.

The anatomical kits make sense.

Anybody who is interested in anatomy might find them interesting and there aren't a lot of transparent people walking around.

If I wanted to know the anatomy of a cup of noodles, I would open a cup of noodles.

Opening up a person is illegal in most states unless you have a license :D

Steve

Apparently some of you folks need a "Noodle Stopper". Let Captain America stop your noodles:

spacer.png

"FuRyu brings us more of their fun noodle stopper figures with "Avengers: Endgame"'s very own Captain American! Holding his shield above him to protect him from any boiling water, he can hang off of your instant noodle cup to make sure they cook perfectly in a seal container. Alternatively, just display him like a normal figure. Y'know, if that's your thing. Add him to your collection today!"

Or maybe something more wimsical:

spacer.png

"Hatsune Miku joins FuRyu's popular Noodle Stopper figure lineup! This fun figure is posed perfectly to sit on the edge of a shelf or other item. She can be used to hold down the lid of your cup noodles as they cook (hence the name!), or simply for decoration."

Both available from HLJ.

????