Model Cars Magazine Forum

Almost got fooled on this. Thought this was a kit Moebius was doing.

1 hour ago, GMP440 said:

Saw this picture ; and for a second it looked like a Moebius kit box with a picture of a 56 Mercury.  I thought this kit was going to be a new release from Moebius.

56 Mercury.jpg

I can see how at first glance this would look like a Moebius ad. Now that I realize it isn't I'm very disappointed since I'd enjoy a build of such a kit of this subject. Just think of all the possibilities. In addition to a stock build, these were raced in NASCAR, as well as the Mexican Road Race. Many Customs were based on this car as well as Low Ridders and everything in between. Makes you hope someone at Moebius is seeing this. Or Revell.   

You bet your sweet backside I'd buy at least a couple of them!

But alas, I would be very surprised if any of the kit manufacturers would take a chance on a kit like this.

I would say that we're much more likely to get several more Camaros or Mustangs before something like this would ever materialize.

Steve

1 hour ago, espo said:

I can see how at first glance this would look like a Moebius ad. Now that I realize it isn't I'm very disappointed since I'd enjoy a build of such a kit of this subject. Just think of all the possibilities. In addition to a stock build, these were raced in NASCAR, as well as the Mexican Road Race. Many Customs were based on this car as well as Low Ridders and everything in between. Makes you hope someone at Moebius is seeing this. Or Revell.   

Just have to wonder what other prototypes Moebius has done that we have not seen yet.  Just imagine walking in the door to the product developement dept. and seeing what's there.

Edited by GMP440

In early-1957, my father drove his new, 1:1 Montclair in a Red/White color scheme out to San Diego from the Midwest when he was shipped-out on his first US Navy vessel for an all-expenses-paid tour of the Pacific; said it was his favorite car to drive of the dozens he's owned over the years and it broke his heart when having to leave it behind! 

I think we're all dreaming on this one. Considering the investment to become "Mold Ready" and start production is such that this could be a life or death for most any company at this point. The safe bet now seems to be add some different wheels and tires and change the decals minimum investment.  

2 hours ago, espo said:

I think we're all dreaming on this one. Considering the investment to become "Mold Ready" and start production is such that this could be a life or death for most any company at this point. The safe bet now seems to be add some different wheels and tires and change the decals minimum investment.  

I have to agree.

At this point, I'm afraid that newly tooled cars from the 50s are becoming a thing of the past.

I wouldn't look for many in the foreseeable future.

Steve

3 hours ago, espo said:

Maybe, but it never hurts to let them know what you want.

Edited by Richard Bartrop

6 hours ago, slusher said:

You never know it might happen. Moebius has been making some really great kits the lat few years!

Look at the Hudson  they did. I never bought it because it never appealed to me.  However,  that kit turned out be a good seller.  Who would have known.  

13 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

I have to agree.

At this point, I'm afraid that newly tooled cars from the 50s are becoming a thing of the past.

I wouldn't look for many in the foreseeable future.

Steve

Ya I think it is a shame also, but many of us that

13 hours ago, Richard Bartrop said:

Maybe, but it never hurts to let them know what you want.

like to build cars from this era are getting fewer and fewer and the companies have to look at what well sell for years into the future with a lot of reissue possibilities. Hopefully someone in their marketing and R & D are reading our posts about wanted models for the near future.