Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone deal with Motor City Resin Casters?

• 3 weeks later...

Going through similar things with this Jeff guy. Replied to me once and said he's been having health problems and would ship ASAP. Have heard nothing back and still no kit. He seems to have been using this MO with people for the last 3 years. I emailed him today and told him either ship it or I contact BBB. I'm not going to wait months and years on this guy like it seems some people have done. I would really like to get the kit I do not want to demand my money back but it may eventually come to that. DON'T ORDER FROM THIS GUY, IT'S A RIP OFF!!!!

On 10/5/2020 at 7:41 PM, gbtr6 said:

I ordered a Mustang coupe kit from Jeff at Motor City Resin Casters and haven’t gotten it. Checked on it a couple times and promised it’s on the way. Asked for tracking, no luck no kit. It’s been since May. Getting a little frustrated. Looks like a nice kit, and I want it to build for my son. 

Perry

I ordered the same kit October 2022, wonder if you ever got yours.

On 1/2/2022 at 7:37 AM, redneckrigger said:

Sadly, this is why so many cottage industry casters close up shop. They make a great product, all the while working a fulltime job, (or two), to make a living, and doing the casting on the side. And then when they get tons of orders, and lead times go past what the buyer thinks reasonable, without knowing a THING about the sellers' life, business, health, time demands due to jobs etc., that buyer jumps on them all over social media. Eventually, that seller decides the heck with it. And THEN those that caused their demise, bemoan the fact that the seller went out of business and those great products are no longer available. Yeah, a note on the website saying what is going on, or simply a note that there will be NO lead times given and you will get your order when it is done, period, would go a long way towards letting people know they have to wait, (IF those people take the time to even read and comprehend the note). However, often the time needed to keep buyers informed takes time away from other more pressing issues, and simply does not get done. When you are dealing with an established, reputable, quality seller, like Jeff, there is little to NO reason to expect that he is going to screw you, or anyone else for that matter. All I can say is I have some of Motor City's resins and they are fantastic. And I have no issue waiting for however long it takes. Patience is a virtue that many people need to learn how to practice. Thank you, Jeff, for continuing to offer such quality merchandise, even in the face of interference from life, and impatient buyers. 

Maybe you don't mind waiting forever, but most of us do not feel that way. If someone takes my order and takes my money, I expect a product within a reasonable amount of time. I do not consider 6 months or more reasonable by any means. Life is short, too short for things like this.

13 hours ago, Char1 said:

Maybe you don't mind waiting forever, but most of us do not feel that way. If someone takes my order and takes my money, I expect a product within a reasonable amount of time. I do not consider 6 months or more reasonable by any means. Life is short, too short for things like this.

Especially when they tell you that it will take a maximum of 12 weeks. my 12 weeks came and went on Nov 12th and still no word or product. Others have said they have gone 2 years without so much as an email to at least let them know what's going on. At least send me an email that tells me to go you know what myself. At least I know where I stand. I said it once, and I'll keep saying it, I could have saved a lot of aggravation by simply flushing $78 down the toilet. 🚽

• Haha 1

Sent Jeff a question asking him how he feels it's okay to sell his stuff on Ebey when he still owes so many customers so many expensive stuff under the FRADULENT! Motor City Resin name.

Keep them coming!

Edited by Mike C.

Unfortunately he will just stop selling there also. He will run out of places to sell. Jeff's stuff is VERY GOOD quality ( if you get it). He already shut down his face book site so we can't complain. Just so everyone knows, his shop is in his basement. Has been for years. He spends all day on FB making political  posts. GOOD LUCK.

1 hour ago, triplelindy said:

Unfortunately he will just stop selling there also. He will run out of places to sell. Jeff's stuff is VERY GOOD quality ( if you get it). He already shut down his face book site so we can't complain. Just so everyone knows, his shop is in his basement. Has been for years. He spends all day on FB making political  posts. GOOD LUCK.

And stealing good people's money!

I ordered (3) 1971 Mach I Coupe Trans-Kits or resin casts back on May 6th 2022 and they finally arrived via USPS January 2023.  I was surprised but happy !   I think Jeff is trying to fill orders, but might have some health issues going on which makes it difficult.  

BB2B2D8D-F87F-478C-9166-BD02BC44E094.jpeg

A57BD83D-AA2B-4BC9-8263-F165B5243938.jpeg

CBEC3D75-476D-4CE9-9A1C-ECF73BCB4779.jpeg

B907F676-FBD8-4902-AB75-B83C58C61279.jpeg

Edited by 1971stang
info
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 1971stang said:

I ordered (3) 1971 Mach I Coupe Trans-Kits or resin casts back on May 6th 2022 and here we sit on December 12th 2022.

Long Story Short, never received the resin bodies, Jeff said he was going to send them but he never did, got my money back from PayPal 

So you got a refund from Motor City Resin ?  Why do you say-here we sit on December 12 then ? Does he owe you something more ?

It is amazing to me how many brand new members have joined this site just  to complain about Jeff/ Motor City Resin and to make negative comments on this topic .    

2 hours ago, 1971stang said:

I ordered (3) 1971 Mach I Coupe Trans-Kits or resin casts back on May 6th 2022 and here we sit on December 12th 2022.

Long Story Short, never received the resin bodies, Jeff said he was going to send them but he never did, got my money back from PayPal and offered to resubmit payment if/when he could actually give me some Tracking Information, but it never happened and I am sorry I can't candy coat this ordeal and mention quality work since I've never observed it.

If you can't full fill your business commitments and from reading this forum seems like always this is the same issue/problem, then please shut the business down and do not allow people to continue ordering only to sit around for months waiting for the resin casts or any any email response at all and receiving nothing 9 times out of 10 on both counts.

The only other time I had to wait so long for an order and it actually did arrive finally, was for a Green Dyed Dash Pad from USA1Industries, which took a whole year to fulfill, but at least they answered the phone and responded to emails.

I guess I will have to completely abandon the "Mini-Me" idea for car shows because I do actually own a 1971 Mustang 351 Cleveland, Edlebrock Performance Manifold and 4-barrel carb, Flowmaster Exhaust, which I have had for (17) years sold new in Brownsville, TX at Charles Darwin Ford (1 previous owner), not the typical Fastback Mach I, but the more rare Grande Coupe and in very nice condition.  I've never seen another Grande in as good of shape to be honest since most were scrapped or left to rot in junk yards and not given the preference that Fastbacks have for Restoration, but I do also like the Mach I's.  Funny thing is back in 1971 the Coupes sold more and were more popular because they actually had Trunks (family perspective) and the Fastbacks had Fold Down Rear Seats instead.  Today you get both options, so back in 2018 I went and bought an Orange Fury GT.  Previously had a 2010 Camaro SS BumbleBee with an LS3 Vette motor and a Custom UT 1967 Camaro with true roller rockers, street fighter tranny, moser rear end, hurst shifter etc...A little car talk never hurts, especially when your model project fell through, Cheers everybody !  

Sorry to hear about the ordeal with MCRC.  I ordered the coupe resin transkit about five years ago and received it in about three months.  From reading all the other comments you were probably lucky to get a refund as others seem to be holding out hope they will get their kits.  Perhaps one of the other resin caster will step in and fill the void.  Some modelers have inordinate patience and when one well known resin caster announced announced they were retiring customers had to wait up to two years but they knew in advance and did receive their goods.

Post some pictures sometime of your car sometime.  Here’s a 71 351CJ Grande from about 20 years owned by Chip Peyton of Virginia.

DA0706B7-52D2-4A32-9CFF-34566DC186BF.jpeg

Edited by vamach1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, 1971stang said:

Long Story Short, never received the resin bodies, Jeff said he was going to send them but he never did, so I got my money back from PayPal and offered to resubmit payment if/when he could actually give me some Tracking Information, but it never happened.

This is the 73 coupe body from MCRC but sadly you might have to look elsewhere or scratch build your own.  I added the sport mirrors.

CB93D78D-533D-4EB5-B5D9-66FC0CA24FD5.jpeg

FB9D20E7-DDC0-438B-B85D-09FFECF07761.jpeg