Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round 2 2021

Mr mopar

On 10/25/2020 at 11:32 PM, charlie8575 said:

?

Now that I got my giggles out of the way....

1. The auto parts branding isn't a bad idea. Decals are cheap, and I'll bet NAPA or Advance would be willing to sell NAPA or Western Auto and Car Quest branded trucks and such (Advance, I believe now owns both Western Auto and Car Quest, and most of AMT's tooling predates the Advance branding).

2. I think it's time for new 1967-'72 Chevy/GMC trucks. The tooling for all of them are pretty messed up. The GMC stepside got ruined when they converted it to the '72, and I don't even know what happened to the rest of it. Moebius has proven that well-done trucks of that vintage will sell. Time to step up. That said, I might still grab one of these.

Charlie Larkin

I'd like to see a proper '73-'87 Chevy/GMC standard bed truck.  Having to butcher two (The Fall Guy) based short bed PU's to make one truck gets a little old after awhile.  They would only have to tool up a new longer bed, longer 2wd chassis and some new grills to reflect the different years/models of that era.

Edited by the other Mike S.

My apologies in advance for going completely off topic but ....... did anyone else ever notice that the box art shown above doesn't have a chassis?  I noticed this as a fourteen year old (a long time ago) but no longer have the box - the photo above re-assures me I wasn't imagining it!

Cheers

Alan 

4 hours ago, alan barton said:

My apologies in advance for going completely off topic but ....... did anyone else ever notice that the box art shown above doesn't have a chassis?  I noticed this as a fourteen year old (a long time ago) but no longer have the box - the photo above re-assures me I wasn't imagining it!

Cheers

Alan 

After looking again you're right, there's no frame in the drawing.

8 hours ago, alan barton said:

Cheers

Alan 

An early experiment with "air suspension" - - the radius rods are suspended mid-air!

?

On 11/12/2020 at 10:57 AM, Snake45 said:

Judging only from the box art, I can't even see any usable parts in that backbirth! :angry:

The engine is pretty good (though there are better supercharged 426 Hemis out there).  Chassis is strictly early Seventies AMT show rod, nothing in common with any 1:1 car.  For some reason, I bought the last issue...the last thought I had on it was to chop the top and use the decals from the Round 2 reissue '25 chopped top coupe...

The Stingaree was last out alongside the T.  Both of those, and (I believe) the Maverick, use the same chassis.  I'm finishing up molding the Stingaree body into one piece, when I get the chassis painted and assembled I'll mock up the T coupe to see how much I can cut the roof.

• 1 month later...