Model Cars Magazine Forum

I’m having to wait for my rigging parts to arrive and have just received this resin Club Cab so I’m going to build this one next. I’m going to go with a white bottom with Red on the top section. I’m debating on whether to go with a white top or not. I’ve cleaned up the body and have some primer on it. I’m going to go with a factory stock that has the chrome slotted wheels. I’m also thinking of a white interior but if I go with the white top then I would go with a red interior. Here’s where I’m at now. 
BB46FBA6_82A2_4E3E_BE71_ABC044D1716A.jpe
0489D490_3533_4EA7_A488_AC7501F866AC.jpe
B95549AC_9BAB_4006_BD4F_4EBCE664A327.jpe

Edited by Mopar - D

16 hours ago, slusher said:

Looking forward to your build!

Thanks Carl 

8 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

My favourite reference source is Hamtramck Historical . Here's a couple of links to the 1973 Dodge Light Duty Trucks ( e.g. , pickups ) :

https://www.hamtramck-historical.com/dealerships/1973ColorAndTrim-07.shtml

https://www.hamtramck-historical.com/dealerships/1973DealershipDataBook-10.shtml

Thanks John for the links. Hamtramck Historical  Has a lot of good Mopar history. 

6 hours ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Cool project Dan!  Is it a 3D printed front grille?  If so, is the finish nice?  I know that the quality varies tremendously on the offer from different vendors in the market.

Francis thanks the grill was cast with clear resin I had the option of clear or regular resin cast.  

11 hours ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Cool project Dan!  Is it a 3D printed front grille?  If so, is the finish nice?  I know that the quality varies tremendously on the offer from different vendors in the market.

The grille is made from a MPC original kit. It was stripped and the backside was sanded to open the grille up and then the backside of the headlights were Polish and a mold was made of it. Greg Wann worked on the grilles & molds for days to get them just right. 
I bought some 3D printed grilles and was very disappointed in them as they were just a flat and didn’t look right. 

72388FDD-39C8-4D7E-941E-B4DF67FBFFFB.jpeg

3366C0B9-99EE-495B-9C23-7279C4D07DA4.jpeg

12 hours ago, tuffone20 said:

The grille is made from a MPC original kit. It was stripped and the backside was sanded to open the grille up and then the backside of the headlights were Polish and a mold was made of it. Greg Wann worked on the grilles & molds for days to get them just right. 
I bought some 3D printed grilles and was very disappointed in them as they were just a flat and didn’t look right. 

17 hours ago, Mopar - D said:

Francis thanks the grill was cast with clear resin I had the option of clear or regular resin cast.  

Thanks for the info guys!   Superb work done on the grille (both options), it will add the little extra that we are looking for so that the finished model looks like the real one!

On 10/13/2020 at 12:15 AM, slusher said:

Looking really nice!

Thanks Carl. 

On 10/13/2020 at 5:16 AM, tbill said:

This is looking good, I love the color scheme.

Thanks Tom it’s the same color scheme that was used in the brochure back in 73. 

On 10/13/2020 at 5:27 AM, Dominik said:

uhhhh...that Looks awesome! I like the weathered look it has yet (the white paint). 

Thanks Dominik but the weather look is going to be painted red. 

I’ve been working on the engine and chassis while waiting for the white paint to cure. I still need to finish adding the extensions to the exhaust pipe a drive shaft. 

37FE2F21_2ADD_4061_9C4E_C8848EE15208.jpe
270B961B_A42E_46C8_8C12_8971CE2EA166.jpe