Model Cars Magazine Forum

75 Buick Century Indy 500 Pace Car

DoctorLarry

Here is my next project, a 1975 Buick Regal Indy 500 Pace car. I just finished a 73 Buick Century and had already done the 76 Buick Century Pace Car so this was the next one on my list. It had the formal roofline that some of the Collonade cars had instead of the fastback roof. Since the 76 car has the formal roofline, this was a pretty simple cut and splice (so far). I just started it and so I still need to rework the front and rear ends and the rear bumper. I shaved the marker lights off the 73 body and will need to move them up like the 75 car had. So off to a good start. I  also shaved the roof band off the 76 roof (but left the t tops) and am starting to open the windows up to get the correct shape. Because the main body was already done, this one should move faster than the 2 years the other two took!

75 pace car resin 1.jpg

• 1 month later...

More progress. I opened up the grille area and fabbed a new one. 39 separate pieces! I modified the front bumper to fit the 75 and added the center bulge for the license plate. In back I modified the deck lid and the rear quarters to fit the 75 profile. I fabbed up a new rear filler and tail lights and modified a bumper I had from the parts box. It is coming together.

75 pace 1.jpg

75 pace 2.jpg

75 pace 3.jpg

75 pace 4.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I'm lovin' the green Laguna. I have the Pepsi Chevelle and the AMT 380 Donnie Allison Chevelle. With those stock car kits  I would somehow have to flare the wheel openings to make them look like the production car. The Johan Cutlass interior fits perfectly  and would be acceptable for me. 

I saw your other Colonnade post which was a gorgeous green '73 Gran Sport. Reminded me somewhat of my Slate green '73 LeMans coupe. 

73 Lemans (2).png

Edited by AMT68