Model Cars Magazine Forum
tiking

Junk Yard Details Testing

Great use of your skills of observation and ability to apply what you see in miniature. The texture and colors of the oxidation on the bare metal is outstanding.Only thing I would add would be some short weeds or dead leaves blown back into some open area here and there. Overall it's very real world believable. Thanks for sharing your inspiration with us.

Edited by misterNNL

Hi Charles!

This is really "picture perfect", the details are ultra-realistic. Bravo! I am truly impressed by your windshield treatment. Masterful!

CT

I agree with the others, the aging effect is just fantastic!  Each element can be mistaken for real things.  Simply outstanding work sir!!! 👌

I think this has the right amount of griminess to it. I'd be afraid to touch it thinking I would get old oil on myself. Hence...perfection.

On 10/23/2020 at 3:08 PM, misterNNL said:

Great use of your skills of observation and ability to apply what you see in miniature. The texture and colors of the oxidation on the bare metal is outstanding.Only thing I would add would be some short weeds or dead leaves blown back into some open area here and there. Overall it's very real world believable. Thanks for sharing your inspiration with us.

Glad you like it.

On 10/24/2020 at 5:02 PM, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi Charles!

This is really "picture perfect", the details are ultra-realistic. Bravo! I am truly impressed by your windshield treatment. Masterful!

CT

Thank you Claude.

On 10/24/2020 at 5:52 PM, crazyjim said:

WOW!!

Thanks Jim.

On 10/24/2020 at 5:53 PM, AmericanMuscleFan said:

I agree with the others, the aging effect is just fantastic!  Each element can be mistaken for real things.  Simply outstanding work sir!!! 👌

Much appreciated. Just made a few updates since those photos were taken. Will post photos later.

On 10/24/2020 at 8:04 PM, lordairgtar said:

I think this has the right amount of griminess to it. I'd be afraid to touch it thinking I would get old oil on myself. Hence...perfection.

:) thanks.

On 10/24/2020 at 8:20 PM, ewetwo said:

Excellent.

Thanks ewetwo.

On 11/3/2020 at 11:41 PM, charlie8575 said:

Very nice work.

Charlie Larkin

Thank you kindly Charlie.