Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum
tiking

Junk Yard Details Testing

Recommended Posts

Great use of your skills of observation and ability to apply what you see in miniature. The texture and colors of the oxidation on the bare metal is outstanding.Only thing I would add would be some short weeds or dead leaves blown back into some open area here and there. Overall it's very real world believable. Thanks for sharing your inspiration with us.

Edited by misterNNL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Charles!

This is really "picture perfect", the details are ultra-realistic. Bravo! I am truly impressed by your windshield treatment. Masterful!

CT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with the others, the aging effect is just fantastic!  Each element can be mistaken for real things.  Simply outstanding work sir!!! 👌

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this has the right amount of griminess to it. I'd be afraid to touch it thinking I would get old oil on myself. Hence...perfection.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2020 at 3:08 PM, misterNNL said:

Great use of your skills of observation and ability to apply what you see in miniature. The texture and colors of the oxidation on the bare metal is outstanding.Only thing I would add would be some short weeds or dead leaves blown back into some open area here and there. Overall it's very real world believable. Thanks for sharing your inspiration with us.

Glad you like it.

On 10/24/2020 at 5:02 PM, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi Charles!

This is really "picture perfect", the details are ultra-realistic. Bravo! I am truly impressed by your windshield treatment. Masterful!

CT

Thank you Claude.

On 10/24/2020 at 5:52 PM, crazyjim said:

WOW!!

Thanks Jim.

On 10/24/2020 at 5:53 PM, AmericanMuscleFan said:

I agree with the others, the aging effect is just fantastic!  Each element can be mistaken for real things.  Simply outstanding work sir!!! 👌

Much appreciated. Just made a few updates since those photos were taken. Will post photos later.

On 10/24/2020 at 8:04 PM, lordairgtar said:

I think this has the right amount of griminess to it. I'd be afraid to touch it thinking I would get old oil on myself. Hence...perfection.

 

:) thanks.

On 10/24/2020 at 8:20 PM, ewetwo said:

Excellent.

 

 

Thanks ewetwo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2020 at 11:41 PM, charlie8575 said:

Very nice work.

Charlie Larkin

Thank you kindly Charlie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...