Model Cars Magazine Forum

77 GMC Sierra (GMC Pickup with snow plow, Revell)

Hi all!

I would like to show you my latest build - Kit from Revell GMC Pickup with snow plow but built in civil version.

Initial kit is pure on interior details and in engine bay. It required a lot of improvements and parts manufacturing from scratch. Some of the extеrior parts were machined from aluminum. Aftermarket was also used. 

For interior I machined door panels. Wooden finish decals were user from the equal Chevy 4x4 kit. Steering wheel whom Chevy SS kit but restyled to GMC shape. Pedals, gear selector are scratched. Chassis were detailed with wire, bolts and brake lines, steering gear also added. Engine  detailed with scratched parts and aftermarket.

Body painted in two colors an finished with 2k clear cote.

Please have a look on a results and hope you enjoy it..^_^

!!1.jpg

!!2.JPG

!!3.JPG

!!4.JPG

!!5.JPG

!!5_1.JPG

!!8.jpg

!!9.jpg

!!9_1.JPG

!!9_2.JPG

!!9_3.JPG

!!10.JPG

!!11.JPG

!!15.JPG

!!16.JPG

!!16_1.JPG

!!16_2.jpg

!!16_5.jpg

!!16_6.jpg

!!17.jpg

!!18.jpg

!!21.jpg

!!22.jpg

!!22_1.jpg

!!22_4.JPG

!!23.jpg

!!26.JPG

!!27.JPG

!!41.jpg

!!42.jpg

!!44.jpg

!!48.jpg

!!52.jpg

In all seriousness, I'm curious as to whether that paint scheme was offered without the trim pieces. I suppose a person could paint their truck any way they wanted. A nice, neat job at any rate.

Every 35 series truck I've seen is a dually.

Edited by Repstock

3 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

The squarebodies were definitely available as a single rear wheel.

I don't believe the short bed was an option on the 35 series (1 ton).

Awesome work on that kit, you have detailed it beyond what most of us would do. It amazes me when an European builder takes a kit of a US vehicle and goes all out detailing it and making it look so realistic.

Edited by mikemodeler

Mikhail, WOW is right. That is a stunning build. The paint and detail work is absolutely fantastic. Love the two tone paint, very well masked, and perfect colour choices. The interior and chassis are amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers, Steve

Thank you guys for comments. I am not very well versed in the modifications of this model, but I tried to make it as realistic as possible, based on photos from the Internet. Of course, there may be some inconsistencies in the finishing elements, but I think that the overall image turned out to be good and recognizable.