Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 4Q 2020

niteowl7710

I can't believe Revell hasn't taken advantage of their 67 Camaro for a 68 version or their 71 442 for a 70 442 coupe, and how about a 70 Dart from their 68-69 kits. They quickly came out with the 69 Chevelle on the heals of their 68. Come on guys, fill in the voids with some easy conversions.

I'll be getting a couple of the reissued '56 Chevrolet 210s because that is one of my personal favorite Chey's. I have an idea or two for the '76 Chevy G Van. I had a few for Demo's when I worked at a Chevy dealer at that time. The VW Van looks interesting especially being a new tool. 

15 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

I'm in for an S-10, wish it wasn't a reboxed Syclone. 

Me too. If it were a 2wd with an Iron Duke/5speed and earlier grille, I'd get a couple. If I'm not mistaken, this kit has the wheels for a 4wd. As for the rest, I either already have one or have no interest in.

I would have rather seen them reissue the Monogram Chevy van with or without the trailer over the Revell version. I didn't like that kit even when I was a kid!

I really like the way Revell is doing the boxart now! Best of both worlds!

Still no Model A coupe!  Ahh, I guess us hot rodders had a good run for a while, seems like there has been a drought for years now when it comes to new tools.  I can't even remember AMT last gave us a new tool and the 30 came out in 2017?  Oh well, just as well I have a stash to last me until close of business!

Cheers

Alan

23 minutes ago, alan barton said:

Still no Model A coupe!  Ahh, I guess us hot rodders had a good run for a while, seems like there has been a drought for years now when it comes to new tools.  I can't even remember AMT last gave us a new tool and the 30 came out in 2017?  Oh well, just as well I have a stash to last me until close of business!

Cheers

Alan

Alan....last I heard (unofficially), the '30A Coupe was planned for a Q1 2021 production run.  Let's hope that is still the plan!  Cheers....TIM

9 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

Been trying to get oneof those VW vans for some time. Want it real bad, but I'm afraid it's still going to be too expensive for my wallet. 

Hopefully, because it's a US distributed kit this time, it's price will be more competitive. And it will show up at the "Lobby"!

It's still going to be in a RevellAG box and most likely only sold through brick and mortar shops, eBay, and other hobby eVendors de jour.

There was a U.S. boxing of the Samba Bus back in 2010.

193286-10571-78-pristine.jpg.141488cd2d98f3f05767cd57818b8058.jpg

The 1974 calendar year (1975 model year) was the first use of rectangular headlights.  They were standard on the full-size Cadillacs and Eldorado, Electra and Riviera, 98, Grand Ville and Bonneville.  They were eventually used on the 1980 Chevy and GMC trucks, but were only single units at that time.  

3 hours ago, doorsovdoon said:

That Chevy van looks very modern for 1976? Weren't those stacked headlights an 80's thing!

Custom grille. 

Back when square headlights were a new thing, guys would take assemblies and swap out the round lights. Happened a lot on custom vans, pickups and lowriders!

On 10/14/2020 at 2:37 AM, Richard Bartrop said:

1974 was the first year for rectangular sealed beams.

ah, ok. In the UK, square headlamps in the 70's was an unusual sight. Our Ford Transit didn't get square headlights until 1978, 13 years into production. The similar Bedford CF almost entirely unchanged from 1969 right up to 1988!

1 hour ago, doorsovdoon said:

ah, ok. In the UK, square headlamps in the 70's was an unusual sight. Our Ford Transit didn't get square headlights until 1978, 13 years into production. The similar Bedford CF almost entirely unchanged from 1969 right up to 1988!

But European makers were not burdened by the government rules that only allowed manufacturers to use only 4 types of sealed beam headlights.  2- and 4-lamp round headlights, and 2- or 4- lamp rectangular lamps.  European manufacturers were free to use any shape headlights they desired.