Model Cars Magazine Forum

Heller Ferguson TE-20

Great kit, I've built one as a 35 and have another part done as a rusty one and 4 more unstarted. One word of caution, the rear brake rods are very fragile and their attachment to the sprue is pretty thick which makes removing them more work than normal, hence my rusty version.

I love it and will follow. I have wanted one of these for a while as I own the real thing. I have a 1948 TE-20 here in the USA. If you know anything about these tractors it is odd to have a TE-20 in the states as the E stands for England and nearly all that were sent here are TO-20, the O being Overseas. 

This kit is on my list. 

21 hours ago, Oldmopars said:

I love it and will follow. I have wanted one of these for a while as I own the real thing. I have a 1948 TE-20 here in the USA. If you know anything about these tractors it is odd to have a TE-20 in the states as the E stands for England and nearly all that were sent here are TO-20, the O being Overseas. 

Interesting, I wonder what took it across the pond.....

This one is totally different to the Revell tractor models, so much more details, the rear axle is made up of so many parts, including drive shafts inside the axle tubes,which doesn't actually do anything or hold any parts together, but I'm not one for wanting a model to be lacking in detail, the brake rods that run from the frame to the wheel backs are very fragile, I'm surprised i got them off the parts tree without breaking them, bonnet built up, there's 4 parts to glue together.

20201010_175203.jpg

20201010_175240.jpg

20201010_175304.jpg

20201010_175319.jpg

20201010_182223.jpg

20201010_182237.jpg

14 hours ago, ROY FERGUSON said:

I did one earlier this spring. I agree about a lot of fragile parts. Fun build but frustrating at times.

eDSqLnA.jpg

I'll be building the FF-30 later once I've ordered the Ferguson  "Old Red" paint, it's a slightly darker shade than the later Massey ferguson red.

17 hours ago, Oldmopars said:

I am impressed, this is a very accurate kit. I know my tractor well and this kit does a great job replicating it. Let me know if you need any pictures of a well used original. Mine is currently un-restored, but could give you some details if you want. 

Thank you for the offer, I'm lucky when I'm in the Midlands, I'm never far from plenty of farms and tractor collectors, there's someone that actually drives one around here, I haven't tracked where he lives at the moment. 

if I need any detail photos I'll give you a shout.....

To be honest, after building both tractor kits from Revell, I didn't think this one was going to be as detailed, not that I'm complaining, I love the extra details, but some parts like the brake rods are very fragile. 

Edited by GeeBee

All parts have been prepared ready for primer and gloss coat, unfortunately my unheated garage is way too cold for airbrushing,  I've never been able to get it warm enough in the autumn and winter months  even with a few oil filled radiators,  so I'm waiting until I move into a heated outbuilding,  just a little bit of rearranging to do first.....

20201013_213431.jpg

Edited by GeeBee