Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1971 Ford T-Bird

doorsovdoon

20 hours ago, ari@wilkenfeldlaw.com said:

I'm just starting out and (among other things) trying to figure out what colors, primers, clear coats, etc. work well.  Your build looks great.  I'd love to know what you used for the exterior and interior.  Again, really nice job. Thanks.  Ari  

Thanks, Ari. That's great, welcome to the hobby! The colour is Peugeot Moonstone Blue, interior colour is Rover Damask Red. The primer is just regular grey primer. All the paints and lacquer I used are aerosol rattle cans from Halfords Motor Factors. It's their own branded paints but they're automotive paints using factory colour codes so should be easy to find if you don't have a Halfords store over there.

1 hour ago, doorsovdoon said:

Thanks, Ari. That's great, welcome to the hobby! The colour is Peugeot Moonstone Blue, interior colour is Rover Damask Red. The primer is just regular grey primer. All the paints and lacquer I used are aerosol rattle cans from Halfords Motor Factors. It's their own branded paints but they're automotive paints using factory colour codes so should be easy to find if you don't have a Halfords store over there.

Thanks!!!

17 hours ago, AMT68 said:

In addition to being a great build what really works on this one is the color combination. 

Thanks, Tom. The red interior was a bit of a risk. I think if the blue was even the slightest bit darker it wouldn't have worked with the red interior.

2 hours ago, AMT68 said:

The red works great Gareth and Pontiac actually went with a darker blue/red combo on the '74 Trans Am which worked well.

Yes, I did a quick search on images and it look awesome, it's a very dark blue though. Seems red interiors work quite well with blue but has to be either really dark or really light.