Model Cars Magazine Forum
TransAmMike

Red Line Tires

This post is really more wondering if anyone knows of a supplier of redline tires in someting close to 7.75x14 or F-70 size. The  AMT Tire Packs are 60 series tires and not close to stock size tires on 66 Chevelles or GTO's.

I  am trying to contact Modelhaus Tires (who may or may not be in business anymore).  I also seem to remember someone who made redline stripe decals.

Any help will be appreciated. 

Fireball Modelworks has them in two different sizes:

1. FMR-054 are G78-14 in 1/24th scale , set of 4 for $12

2. FMR-058 are G70-15 in 1/24th scale, set of 4 for $12.

He might be behind as the hurricane last month forced him out of his home for a few days and he's playing catch up.

Modelhaus Tires has several sets. I have not purchased from Modelhaus Tires but I would not hesitate as it's Don and Carol's son running the business and he does a great job.

Pegasus sells decals of redlines to make a tire a redline. 

Edited by mikemodeler

1 hour ago, mikemodeler said:

Fireball Modelworks has them in two different sizes:

1. FMR-054 are G78-14 in 1/24th scale , set of 4 for $12

2. FMR-058 are G70-15 in 1/24th scale, set of 4 for $12.

He might be behind as the hurricane last month forced him out of his home for a few days and he's playing catch up.

Modelhaus Tires has several sets. I have not purchased from Modelhaus Tires but I would not hesitate as it's Don and Carol's son running the business and he does a great job.

Pegasus sells decals of redlines to make a tire a redline. 

Fireball

You have to paint the red stripes yourself . The instructions are included .Very easy to do. He makes the best rubber tires out there

I sure thank you guys.  This will solve my issue.  Will be building a replica of the 66 SS I bought new a lonnnnnng time ago LOL.  Want to build it to look like it came off the truck from the factory.

BTW, Speedway decals not taking new orders and discontinuing business at end of the year.

No,he quit doing  custom work. His regular stuff he's continuing.  Look at speedway Facebook page,  or contact him via the website.  I know this,  he's a friend of mine. 

I have ordeered Speedway redline tire decals but does anyone know how to contact Modelhaustires??

Would these (5) be of interest to you?  They're old AMT Firestone Supreme from the parts box...doesn't give tire size.

1014202255.jpg

21 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

Contact info on the website does not open and there is no other option.. 

You shouldn't need to contact them.

Go to the website, find the tires that you want and click on the photo.

An "add to cart" button will appear along with a larger photo of the tire you've chosen.

Add it to your cart and then click on the little "hand bag" emblem on the upper right to take you to your cart.

From there you can proceed to check out.

I have this set in my cart.

Just deciding if I want anything else before I order.

220r.jpg

Steve

21 hours ago, Khils said:

Would these (5) be of interest to you?  They're old AMT Firestone Supreme from the parts box...doesn't give tire size.

Modelhaus tires carries that tire as well.

They will cost you $10.00 though. ;)

197r.jpg

In case anyone is interested, these are the other Modelhaus Tires redlines options.

342r.jpg

426r.jpg

Steve

Thanks Kevin, for now I'm gonna keep trying to get in touch with Modelhaus (Emailed again), plus Joseph at Fireball has a couple of interest.  

I'm really trying to get something that looks like the Uniroyal or Firestone red lines that came on the Chevelle SS.

41 minutes ago, TransAmMike said:

Thanks Kevin, for now I'm gonna keep trying to get in touch with Modelhaus (Emailed again), plus Joseph at Fireball has a couple of interest.  

I'm really trying to get something that looks like the Uniroyal or Firestone red lines that came on the Chevelle SS.

The 4 sets that I posted above are what Modelhaus carries.

If none of those will work, you'll have to look elsewhere.

Steve

By the way, the ones that Kevin offered are Firestone Supremes.

The first ones that I posted are Good Year "Custom Wide Tread".

The last ones are modified Satco tires and have no brand name.

This set also appears to be Good Year.

342r.jpg

The redline/whitewall tires that Fireball Modelworks carries either have no markings, or are Good Year or Mickey Thompson I believe.

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

I have some of the Firestone Supreme redstripes, and blue stripes. Let me know if anyone s interested.

Perry

On 10/11/2020 at 12:39 AM, TransAmMike said:

This post is really more wondering if anyone knows of a supplier of redline tires in someting close to 7.75x14 or F-70 size. The  AMT Tire Packs are 60 series tires and not close to stock size tires on 66 Chevelles or GTO's.

I  am trying to contact Modelhaus Tires (who may or may not be in business anymore).  I also seem to remember someone who made redline stripe decals.

Any help will be appreciated. 

the newest issue of the Revell 66 GTO (85-4479) has red stripe pad printed tires...HL @ 40% with coupon

Getting tires to be accurate is almost not possible unless of course they could be custom casted.

The 7.75-14 Uniroyals and the Firestones according to Coker Tire Repros of the real tires would scale out to be 1.08" tall. 

Fireball Models doesn't have  7.75 but the two options Joseph does have are G78-14 @ 1.11" and F70-14 1.05".    I would guess the 1.11 would likely be the best choice.  IDK!!

I have some Polyglas tires too. 

Perry

335BDCC1-C541-429E-8946-4AD0EC477A33.jpeg

7A4D219F-8957-444F-974C-D09E9EF9E2D5.jpeg

Still no reply from Modelhaus after another attempt and the idea of ordering something and sending money without talking to someone. Oh well.

I'm still contemplating my options.