Model Cars Magazine Forum

De-militariezed Oshkosh M911

I had ask for some pictures of a civilian Oshkosh M911. I want to build it based on the Minimanfactory Oshkosh M911 in 1/24 scale. This beast is a 4.4 lbs heavy lot of resin parts. The quality is similar to KFS, Modelhaus or Scale Production kits. No holes no bubbles , but  3 negative points. First the spruce specially on the wheels and rims. Secondly the lack of brake chambers on the lift and the front axle.  But they are not visible on the finished model. The last issue is the back side of the tanks which requires a lot of cleaning and fill.Here a first mockup. I did a new grill because it would be a lot of work to clean up the holes in it.A buddy did some work on the diesel tanks and I print them also. 

mockup_2.jpg

mockup_1.jpg

Grill_3d_printed_2.jpg

Grill_3d_printed_1.jpg

Tanks_3D_printed_1.jpg

Tanks_3D_printed_2.jpg

Brake_chamber.jpg

Edited by carsntrucks4you

Serious work truck right there !!! I built the Meng  one when it became available,  and was blown away by the details.  

The M911 would look right at home pulling a logging trailer , lowboy hauling heavy dozers or any other rigorous work that would break other trucks ..definitely looking forward to your build .

Edited by gotnitro?

That's an awesome job to tackle in 1/24 and resin!  I have a part-built Miniman Factory 1/35 scale kit, the UAZ-452 van.  The resin leaf springs are a weak point, and I'm thinking of replacing them with plastic or metal.

I see a de-militarized M54 5-ton truck around here sometimes that's used as a logging truck.

Very nice. This will be a great build. I was in the Air Force and we had a WT2206 Snow Plow from Oshkosh. However it was a refurbished unit and all the parts were really old and impossible to find. It sat for almost a year while we tried to find brake parts for it. Kind of turned me off of the old Oshkosh trucks. 

Hi M.W., Can you please tell a bit about the quality of the resin parts? Thickness of cab walls, smoothness of surfaces, any bubbles and the like?

How about your experiences of trading with the supplier? Was it easy to trade with them? Did all go smoothly regarding the payment? How did they pack the parts?

Thanks, Juergen

1 hour ago, HJK said:

Hi M.W., Can you please tell a bit about the quality of the resin parts? Thickness of cab walls, smoothness of surfaces, any bubbles and the like?

How about your experiences of trading with the supplier? Was it easy to trade with them? Did all go smoothly regarding the payment? How did they pack the parts?

Thanks, Juergen

Jürgen,

as i said it is a clean bubble free casting, the surface is smooth like a glass. There are some issues with the back side of the tanks, therefore I print new ones. The wall thickness cab, hood, doors, fenders and lift axle cover is about  0.059" or 1,5mm. Minimanfactory is reliable in shipping and payment. Gabor Kiss is the owner and he speaks German. The kit came in 2 boxes well packed. There is also some photoechted parts. The metal is easy to bent. There are no decals.

Although it is a very expensive kit it is worth the money. They have also a KRAZ 255B in 1/24.  This is one of my next project.

IMG_1937.jpg

IMG_1935.jpg

kit 1.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

Tank.jpg

Edited by carsntrucks4you

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...