Model Cars Magazine Forum

JoHan 1970 Ford Maverick

realgone58

Very, VERY nice! I like that a lot! B)

I have a near-mint '69 or '70 promo in Anti-Establish Mint that my grandfather gave to when they were brand new. Only thing that's not "mint" about it is I painted it AMT Burnt Orange flake back in the day. I could strip it and restore it to factory pure, but I've decided I kinda like the way it is now. Maybe whoever owns it after I croak will want to strip it. :lol:

I'm currently restoring a '69 or '70 promo molded in Original Cinnamon. It was apparently used as a slot car body and has a scratched up roof and four pinholes drilled in the body for mounts. I'm gonna polish the body out and leave it alone. 

Well done and model on! B)

Cool! I always liked the Maverick. I was 11 when they debuted at the 1969 NY Auto Show. The all new 1970 Maverick debuted very early!  My aunt got a new red one. When she saw I liked it she went into a drawer and pulled out a promo that the dealer had given her!  That put me over the top!  But for the life of me, I cannot remember what ever happened to it!