Model Cars Magazine Forum

Well, after nearly a year of waiting. Its finally mine, all mine

I just bought a 1966 Plymouth Satellite , 2 door hardtop. 426 hemi, console auto. 3.54 Dana rear axle

Real Hemi car in its original color combination of black with red interior . Which is my dream color combination bar none.

It belonged to a very good, and long time friend of mine. He bought it as a rolling project in 1998 , He already had a correct dated Hemi for the car .

It was restored over the following few years and was completed in 2004-2005 time frame.

I actually helped restore the car and asked him many years ago if it ever went up for sale, PLEASE let me have a shot at it . When he called last year to honer that. I was flabbergasted to say the least . And its taken me the better part of the past 10-12 months to get in a position to make this kind of purchase. ( Its took some serious schmoozing of the wife to give her ok ) Needless to say this one turned my piggy bank inside out

Its had a whopping 800 miles put on it since it was completed . All OEM sheet metal car, never any rust or accidents.

Passport Transport picks it up tomorrow morning. Should be here in about a week ,,,plus or minus a few days one way or the other

Bob-Hemi-Car.jpg.91538091333da09675160bdfbe941af9.jpg

Interior.jpg

4 hours ago, Bucky said:

Gorgeous!!! If I had that, I'd put at least 800 miles on it in a single day!!

at approx 5 miles per gal, and a mix of race gas with premium,

THAT would be a very expensive day .

I do plan to drive it quite a bit. Im not sure it will be quite THAT much

7 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

Sweet Ride Bill a Real 426 Hemi car ,you must have one incredible wife to let you have a Hemi car there not cheap ! 

Yea, I think I'll keep her. I might as well,,,,,,, She has put up with me for the better part of 30 years now.

We've been without old iron in the garage for several years. And actually started looking a couple years ago, Almost bought a 67 GTX in late fall of 2017 , but the cross country move idea was starting to brew in our heads . So any potential car purchase got put on hold.

My original budget for a car was in the 30k range . So When I told her I wanted to up the budget for THIS car I thought she was gonna shoot me. Luckily she didnt and it took me a while to get her to sign off on it.

But I WILL be remodeling our master bath once I retire next year , and possibly install all new tile floors in the house ( AKA the schmoozing begins ) 

its ALL good on our end , and I got the call this morning . Passport Transport picked it up this morning from Cincinnati Ohio. . So,,,it should be here sometime next week or so I think . And I can hardly wait . Once in the garage I will be spending several weekends in there  cleaning this one up,,,,,,,due to its been sitting in storage for almost 2 years

Edited by gtx6970

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice and rare score there. My Dad has a 66 Satellite convertible when I was a kid. White car, white top, red interior. I think it had a 383 in it. He bought it because it had a trailer hitch already on it to pull his new boat. I don't suspect yours will see any towing duties.