Model Cars Magazine Forum

Behind the shop

landman

Looks like a good strong construction for the shelter, Pat, and I can see that you are enjoying yourself with this build.

I am temporarily distracted from diorama work at the moment, while experimenting and learning 3D printer stuff in the workroom ( loft ).

Here is this morning's work in two photos..... the blue Dial Gauge holder is the 3D part that I printed.

David

101_3584.JPG

101_3588.JPG

No problem! looks like you got the same contractors in, I am happy that it inspired some one to have a go too, never thought about it when I was working on it, I never got round to doing any more detailing on it but now I am getting towards the end of the two Kenworth's I am thinking of doing a bit more work to it before the next truck build.

You have done a great job on yours and inspired me to do a bit more on mine, that's what it's all about!

26 minutes ago, landman said:

Thanks guys' Last night I tried my hand at doing streaks running down from the siding and ended up with smears instead. I'll have to do a bit of research. Meanwhile, I started on eavetroughs and downspouts.

Nov 23 20 (4).JPG

Eavetroughs and downspouts always look good, on any diorama building, although we English folk call them ' gutters ' and ' drainpipes ' ( downpipes ).

David

6 minutes ago, Anglia105E said:

Eavetroughs and downspouts always look good, on any diorama building, although we English folk call them ' gutters ' and ' drainpipes ' ( downpipes ).

David

And here we call them "gouttières" in proper French which is closer to UK English and "dalles" in slang French.

• 5 months later...