Model Cars Magazine Forum

Was this Ford Bronco ever made as a kit ?

Nope, that generation of Bronco was not done. However, three different companies did the 80-86 body style. Of the three the Monogram 1/24th kit looks the most like the real thing out of the box. It's also the easiest to get ahold of at a reasonable price. The Revell and MPC kits both have shape issues around the window/windshield area.

If you want one really bad you could get the 92-96 Lightning kit that's out now and cut it up. For the top you could post in the Wanted section and see if anyone has one they'd part with. I have parts of an MPC kit and could take some measurements for you to plan your cuts.

• 1 year later...

I have a build started of Walt's Bronco. I'm using the Revell (Ex-Monogram) kit, and just choosing to live with the wrong year issue. I ordered a set of Custom Lic Plates for it though. Was able to get the exact plate he has on his truck. I figure Walt has been driving Bronco's for a long time, and given how often he wrecks them or wears them out, at one time he had one that is the same year as the Monogram kit. Mine is more of a Tribute Build than an exact replica.

So That's my Story, and I'm Sticking to It.