Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum
shoopdog

Another Revell 29 Ford ( Channeled)

Recommended Posts

I finished this kit up a couple of weeks ago. This was the kit issued a couple years ago before Hobbico's bankruptcy. If anybody still has this one to build as channeled there is a problem that I ran into concerning the interior floor and door panels. Instructions call for floor part number 13 and door panels 55 and 56. Well the tabs on the door panels do not line up with notches in the floor, I ended up snipping off tabs on the door panels and didn't end up with a very good fitment of the body to chassis. I've never read where anyone has run into this so just a heads up. I've checked instructions on the new release and they just call for one floor pan in the high boy or channeled version. Anyway it was a fun build and I might have to try another.

Paint is Testors Icy blue with Tamiya TS13 clear. Thanks for looking.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Very clean build, thanks for the tips! B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good looking build.   I think I may have mentioned the floor pan issue in my build?   I went through and marked the parts for channeled then figured out there was an issue.   And each floor pan has a firewall that fits with it to go together correctly.  Door panels are dedicated to the floor pans for tabs to fit correctly.  Other than the firewall fit, I can't see much, if any, differences in the floors themselves.   Just something to be aware of.   Hopefully you've helped a few folks find this issue.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great looking build. I like the style and it's nice to see something other than a small block engine. Thanks to you and randyc for mentioning the fitment issue. I have one of the original issues of this kit and I may even get around to it someday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Snake45 said:

 Very clean build, thanks for the tips! B)

Thanks Snake!

4 hours ago, randyc said:

Good looking build.   I think I may have mentioned the floor pan issue in my build?   I went through and marked the parts for channeled then figured out there was an issue.   And each floor pan has a firewall that fits with it to go together correctly.  Door panels are dedicated to the floor pans for tabs to fit correctly.  Other than the firewall fit, I can't see much, if any, differences in the floors themselves.   Just something to be aware of.   Hopefully you've helped a few folks find this issue.  

Thank you Randy, I guess it would pay off to follow builds.

2 hours ago, espo said:

Great looking build. I like the style and it's nice to see something other than a small block engine. Thanks to you and randyc for mentioning the fitment issue. I have one of the original issues of this kit and I may even get around to it someday. 

Your comments are always appreciated. 

15 minutes ago, MININORTHFORDMAN said:

awesome! funny thing is  on sunday i finished my own 29 ford the exact same color as yours and everything.

Thank you Charlie, don't forget to post your pics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, shoopdog said:

Thank you Randy, I guess it would pay off to follow builds.

 

Eh no big deal - I don't follow everything either.  And it's great to see it mentioned in a build for others that may be looking.  This forum is a valuable resource, especially with the demise of SA(e).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On October 14, 2020 at 6:28 PM, PappyD340 said:

Very nice!

 

On October 15, 2020 at 7:38 AM, Scalper said:

Very nice work.

 

On October 15, 2020 at 10:43 PM, slusher said:

Great looking model...

 

20 hours ago, doorsovdoon said:

That's a looker! It has a lovely stance to it. Very nice.

Thank you guys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...