Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Death Mobile

NYLIBUD

So I dug this old dusty model out of my stash,and decided to finally work on it,and finish it...The Animal House “Death Mobile“.The car was a 1966 Lincoln Continental.Even though the movie took place in the year 1963.And IDK,The great George Barris helped design and build the car..The only thing is,I need a 1/24th head bust of whomever was on the front of the car.Anybody have one,or have any idea whose head it was??

CE293EE0-77F0-4F80-BEE2-7B5EC5A5D894.jpeg

684984EF-9828-49C9-B689-49E6CC1CD51E.jpeg

9B1914A3-9666-4005-BE35-2BCC50E79943.jpeg

D9A0444E-9A70-4F93-8C20-ACF375941A90.jpeg

CF48C4C8-8527-48E8-BA0B-E529774418E3.jpeg

558D5F6E-EEFC-474B-9FFA-BCB1233585A4.jpeg

D0177DA0-46E0-4E89-82B5-F988B40BFE9F.gif

E676CDDF-8772-450B-8205-B3A9B01C5945.jpeg

22 minutes ago, NYLIBUD said:

The only thing is,I need a 1/24th head bust of whomever was on the front of the car.Anybody have one,or have any idea whose head it was??

D0177DA0-46E0-4E89-82B5-F988B40BFE9F.gif

Emil Faber. "Knowledge is good." 

RrrrrrrrrRRRRAMMMING SPEEEEEED! :lol:

9 minutes ago, MININORTHFORDMAN said:

i have the deathmobile as one of my many projects  stauled at the moment. yours looks really great looking! i say get like a star wars kit that has a head and use that but idk i will definitly be watching this build.

Yea great idea,thanks.I wish I cut a rear hatch on the trunk,where John Belushi popped up from.But I know I’ll mess it up.

8 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? :lol:

Haaaaaaa?.  ,The Germans?Forget it,he’s rolling. Seven years of college down the ******** drain,might as well join the Peace Corps.Hey Fordman,post some pics.That is actually kind of weird that your working on the hatch.I’m telling you,I’d ruin the car if I tried,besides I’ve messed up perfectly good builds trying to cut things before??

Edited by NYLIBUD

23 minutes ago, NYLIBUD said:

Haaaaaaa?.  ,The Germans?Forget it,he’s rolling. Seven years of college down the ******** drain,might as well join the Peace Corps.Hey Fordman,post some pics.That is actually kind of weird that your working on the hatch.I’m telling you,I’d ruin the car if I tried,besides I’ve messed up perfectly good builds trying cut things before??

I haven't got it cut out yet I just have it marked out and have started cutting but its been forever since I worked on it

7 minutes ago, MININORTHFORDMAN said:

I haven't got it cut out yet I just have it marked out and have started cutting but its been forever since I worked on it

I forgot I had mine.Found it in a box.I wanted to show it done, at a local annual model car show this November ,but thanks to Mr.Covid,that show was cancelled.Only model car show here on Long Island too.I mean I really don’t feel like driving all the way to Jersey to look at some models.

37 minutes ago, NYLIBUD said:

I forgot I had mine.Found it in a box.I wanted to show it done, at a local annual model car show this November ,but thanks to Mr.Covid,that show was cancelled.Only model car show here on Long Island too.I mean I really don’t feel like driving all the way to Jersey to look at some models.

No worries, there aren’t any shows in Jersey either.   NJ, NY and CT share the same restrictions.

The car in the movie before it was cut up was a 64. In the side shot of the Deathmobile from the movie you can see the indents for the door handles which makes it a 61-65.

The recreation that is all over the internet is a 66-67.

Animal House Lincoln.jpg

53 minutes ago, Carmak said:

The car in the movie before it was cut up was a 64. In the side shot of the Deathmobile from the movie you can see the indents for the door handles which makes it a 61-65.

The recreation that is all over the internet is a 66-67.

Animal House Lincoln.jpg

Interesting,IDK no that...That means U get to drive us to the Food King....Food King!!!!