Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bob Glidden Thunderbird

nitro norman

I'll be starting a build of this car soon. Waiting on a Rickie Smith kit from e-bay. Got the March '83 issue of Popular Hotrodding, some pretty good reference in there. Will be ordering decals from Slixx. My question is this. Does anyone know if the whole chassis is dark blue ? The article says that the roll cage is, I was just wondering about the rest of it. Any help will be appreciated.

glidden-83-t-bird-photo-2.jpg

Hey, I happen to have pics of the actual car that I got from the guy who painted it... the chassis and cage, as well as the padding, are all blue. Its a kinda weird blue, pretty much looks like if you sampled the blue from the middle of the door. I can post pics, but it will be monday before I can do that. 

20 hours ago, lordgodbob said:

Hey, I happen to have pics of the actual car that I got from the guy who painted it... the chassis and cage, as well as the padding, are all blue. Its a kinda weird blue, pretty much looks like if you sampled the blue from the middle of the door. I can post pics, but it will be monday before I can do that. 

Thanks , I appreciate that. Look forward to seeing them.