Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 29 Ford pickup

I built this one in the early 2000s from the 2001 Rat rods 3 in 1 release.  The top has a slight chop to it.  If I remember correctly, to keep in the rat rod feel, I didn't use filler - was just very careful to make it line up as best I could.   I have no idea now where the engine came from.   Rest of it likely came from the kit.   Solder exhaust looks like - I don't remember all the details - the top chop I remember because it came out well (my first successful chop) after a lot of my other attempts didn't work out.  

This is one I still love to look at.  I have sold over 200 models in the last few years but this one will stay with me probably forever.  

DCP01767.jpg

DCP01768.jpg

DCP01769.jpg

DCP01770.jpg

DCP01771.JPG

18 minutes ago, alan barton said:

That's a sweeet little phone booth, Randy - I wouldn't want to part with it either.  Could that be the motor out of the AMT 41 Woody.?

Cheers

Alan

I have no idea and the phone or camera I was using doesn't help with details.   Might have to look at actual model again, maybe some new photos.   I built the woody so if it was a spare engine, that is possible?  It was one of my early flatheads.  This was one of the first where I used a flat head - I didn't appreciate them like I do now.