Model Cars Magazine Forum

Leno’s collection

NYLIBUD

We all know that Jay Leno is a car guru,and has a huge collection of cars.Some worth millions.I found this quote.

((Does Jay Leno have a favorite car? Having a hundreds-strong car collection worth close to $50 millionpoints to the answer being, ‘No.’ Leno admits he can’t pick one favorite, but he tells CNN his McLaren F1 would be the first one he’d save from disaster. McLaren made just 107 F1s over a few short years, and to some car enthusiasts, it’s still the gold standard. In the rare event one goes to auction, like in 2017, a McLaren F1 sells for millions of dollars.))

65BC46FD-B3E7-45B2-BABB-878532CAF102.jpeg

I read somewhere that he said the McLaren F1 car was a blast to drive, but would switch ends quickly if you weren't careful.... I guess that's because you sit in the center of it while driving and can't feel the rear getting loose until it swaps ends on you....

He has one of three surviving Chrysler Turbine cars that he actually drives.

I'm sure this would be a difficult question for Leno to answer.  He does not collect in a specific area (like era, brand, etc.).  If he sees a car he likes, he buys it (a nice position to be in).  This results in a very ecclectic collection.  I don't know how he keeps track of all of them.  Best wishes.