Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pro Street Superbird

xs650shawn

I think the rear spoiler should be off the back like the Dart photo earlier.ย  ย Just my opinion.ย  ย Would give it a nod to the new tech while front has the nostagia.ย  Had the Bird originally been designed for drag racing, might have had the lower spoiler?ย  Idk...

13 hours ago, randyc said:

I think the rear spoiler should be off the back like the Dart photo earlier.ย  ย Just my opinion.ย  ย Would give it a nod to the new tech while front has the nostagia.ย  Had the Bird originally been designed for drag racing, might have had the lower spoiler?ย  Idk...

It'll probably be further off the back. I just put it on where it would stay.

• 5 months later...

sweet build. looking great so far. this may help out a little. this was my johan superbird. there was a wedge taken out of the middle of the body to narrow it, a section taken out to shorten the body so it would fit on a pro mod chassis, real body bumps for tire clearance, custom made wing plus the spoiler out back. traded it off a few years ago. going top be a real nice build. i will be watching. sorry for dropping so many pictures, hope it helps with the build

nnnneeeewwww 056.JPG

nnnneeeewwww 051.JPG

nnnneeeewwww 049.JPG

nnnneeeewwww 042.JPG

nnnneeeewwww 039.JPG

nnnneeeewwww 037.JPG

• 6 months later...
On 10/17/2020 at 2:57 PM, Superbird McMonte said:

The Monogram Superbird wing is out of scale. It is too tall and too narrow at the top. The JoHan wing is actually in scale for both manufacturers.

This is the Monogram Superbird with JoHan wing.

4968BDF7-CC00-4911-914D-7FFBFD4D46B0.jpeg.11c0ab3228f24312b1bdebbba54f1751.jpeg
1540DC2C-6902-4DDD-BB19-3088AC854787.jpeg.605bb3890a218b6365a12dfac290b1fe.jpeg

672171BA-E198-4F92-A88F-0EDFAB82C7F6.jpeg.54d1dcc70950fff8a72bde33dbe0d9c6.jpeg

Wait a minute!!!! This isnโ€™t a real car?? I had to look for several minutes to see if it was real or not ๐Ÿ˜ณ