Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum
Rakentaja

Revell Austin FX 4, the London Taxi 1:24

Recommended Posts

It has only 68 pcs, so not much to build. Inside it has dashboard, seats, steering wheel and gear sifhter. No doorpanels at all. Engine is in one piece with batteries etc.

 

IMG_20201016_121840.jpg

IMG_20201016_121907.jpg

IMG_20201016_121955.jpg

IMG_20201016_122006.jpg

IMG_20201016_122048.jpg

IMG_20201016_122055.jpg

IMG_20201016_122126.jpg

IMG_20201016_122140.jpg

IMG_20201016_122201.jpg

IMG_20201016_122230.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nicely done! As you said this is a rough kit!  Did you make the missing door panels?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Nicely done! As you said this is a rough kit!  Did you make the missing door panels?  

Thanks Tom. No I didn't make the panels, just painted the inside with same colour as the seats. I also painted the roof with light brown to look like it was upholstered. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice build!

I have this one, as well as the Aoshima kit. Not sure which came first, but I'm confident they are the same kit.

Pretty simplistic kit, as you mentioned, but builds up nicely for the shelf.

I suspect it's bigger than 1/24, maybe 1/20. The classic London Cab just isn't that big in real life.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks great. I remember these very well with their folding seats and suicide doors. I always chose the FX4 when I could. The diesel engine on these had a very unique sound. I miss seeing these on the road.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Nice build!

I have this one, as well as the Aoshima kit. Not sure which came first, but I'm confident they are the same kit.

Pretty simplistic kit, as you mentioned, but builds up nicely for the shelf.

I suspect it's bigger than 1/24, maybe 1/20. The classic London Cab just isn't that big in real life.

 

Dan, it sure is 1/24.

Characteristic dimensions of a real Autin FX 4: outside length: 4580 mm / 180.3 in, width: 1740 mm / 68.5 in, wheelbase: 2810 mm / 110.6 in

Model lenght: 190,83 mm and width: 72,5 mm, wheelbase: 117,03 mm

 

Gareth, this model has the diesel engine with two 6 volt batteries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, this is the old FX4. I last rode in one of these in the 1990's, there were still one or two older versions running around but mainly the later ones with the Land Rover engines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Rakentaja said:

It has only 68 pcs, so not much to build. Inside it has dashboard, seats, steering wheel and gear sifhter. No doorpanels at all. Engine is in one piece with batteries etc

IMG_20201016_122201.jpg

 

Very nice build, another item they seemed to have not included was the roof mounted indicators that these earlier FX-4 taxis had,  as the rear lamps were only side and stop lamps

 

15494326-1967-austin-fx4-taxi-cab-std.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GeeBee said:

Very nice build, another item they seemed to have not included was the roof mounted indicators that these earlier FX-4 taxis had,  as the rear lamps were only side and stop lamps

 

15494326-1967-austin-fx4-taxi-cab-std.jpg

 

I don't think those turn signals were originally installed at the factory. I've seen the pictures of those different versions. But anyway Revell / Aoshima model does not have those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rakentaja said:

I don't think those turn signals were originally installed at the factory. I've seen the pictures of those different versions. But anyway Revell / Aoshima model does not have those.

Yes they were, they were deleted when they went with the Farina style lamps at the rear with the indicator built in.

 

bd6e25bc62e9646ea096b35dbf0b69ed.jpg

rc0215-207336_11@2x.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...