Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC Chevy long bed step side restore

Thanks to a member on here for a hood and tailgate I can start on the restore,I ordered some 8 lug rims and tires from Scenes unlimited so its going to be a 3/4 ton. Going to use the six from the 62 Chevy II after some modifications and hope to get a truck 4 speed,was hoping to put a bench seat in it but the seats are molded into the interior tub since I would like it to be a cheap truck.  Chassis is very basic so might have to come up with another to make it a 3/4 ton.

101_0044.JPG

101_0045.JPG

Here it is with 3./4 ton tires,looks like I accidently ordered 6 lug rims so I am going to order a few sets of 8 lug rims since I have others that might get converted to 3/4 ton.  Found a big truck trans but does not look like there will be enough room without fllor modifications so its just going to be a 402 with a 3 on the tree.

101_0048.JPG

101_0049.JPG

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, junkyardjeff said:

The thick black paint is finally coming off and its a deluxe cab with all the trim  which I doubt would never been ordered with a step side bed in the real world so thinking about finding a wide bed to put on it and build as a deluxe C20.

It's out!

20210219_205335.png.3101b0dc59665fb4001c594ab537fc86.png

20210219_205413.png.d8e2d410e30d68a7aa1167730ccc93cc.png

Just pull the bed, and you still have a complete kit left over. 

• 9 months later...