Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Dodge Coronet

ModelcarJR

This is the Revell Foose kit. I had some Tamiya Racing Green so I thought it might pass for a dark green. So I painted the top with Tamiya Semi-gloss black and added a coat of Krylon Clear lacquer and then after it dried taped off the top and painted the Tamiya Racing Green. I probably won't use the Foose wheels and tires so this won't be a replica but the paint kinda pops with this color.  I think Testors discontinued the Fathon Green Metallic so that's not available but might have matched better. I am going to add another coat of Clear tomorrow and move on. The finish looks good at this point and once it is rubbed out and foiled I think it will make a nice model, if you like green, Not my favorite color but I like changing things up a bit. Thanks for looking! ?

enhance

enhance

Edited by ModelcarJR
Pictures

Thanks, Gerald and Curtis! I appreciate your comments! 

Finished another coat of clear, rubbed out the body and the body foil is finished! I've painted all the other parts. The interior is painted in Krylon Hunter Green. That's next! Here's a few progress pics while finishing the foil. Thanks for looking! ?

enhance

enhance

enhance

Thanks, Rusty and Carl! I appreciate your comments! 

Finished the interior. Hunter Green and the dash, console sides, steering wheel and column are are Semi-gloss black. The dash and straight door trim is BMF and the rest is Molotow chrome pen. The foil may be a little heavy or wide and the decals don't register well so one is fighting the other for visibility.  The console doesn't fit well in a proper position to show the console-mounted tack so the front of the console is a bit off the floor. You can't really tell it due to the dark colors. Here are a few pics:

enhance

enhance

enhance

Edited by ModelcarJR

Thanks, Gareth and Carl!  I appreciate your comments! 

Its on wheels! I had these wheels from a kit that I built not too long ago but can't remember exactly. They were chrome but I didn't like them that way so I de-chromed them and painted them steel with some blackwash following. Red line decals on the tires from the decal stash. Plug wires on the engine were the only addition to the engine compartment and I do have a few more pieces to complete. Everything went together pretty easily. Thanks for looking! ?

enhance

enhance

enhance