Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 77 Ford Cruising Van

Finished up my box art build of the 77 Cruising Van. Looks ok at a distance, things went kinda downhill once I started applying the decals. Paint is Tamiya Silver Leaf TS30 with MM gloss black for the roof and hood followed with Tamiya TS13 clear. Wheels are from my parts box, I believe from the Revell 90 Mustang LX kit. I got lazy and didn't feel up to detailed the kit wheels.

Thanks for looking. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, espo said:

Great looking replica of this Ford Van. As others have mentioned the size of these decals are such that you almost consider painting the stripes instead. Great looking clean finish overall.  

3 hours ago, cobraman said:

Nice van, very clean well done model.

3 hours ago, stinkybritches said:

Cool looking van. The wheels are a nice touch.

4 hours ago, TonyK said:

That's a lot of decals to apply and get lined up right but you did good. I like your finished model and your paint scheme looks great.

4 hours ago, dragcarz said:

I remember seeing these At the dealership when they came out, you did an excellent job on it. I think it might look better than the real one did.

10 hours ago, slusher said:

Very sharp, Keith!!

Thank you all very much.

Good looking van!

You got very lucky with those decals. To such large decals go into place properly and look as good as you got them to look is no small feat. As was mentioned by others, I may have considered masking and painting the stripes but I think I would also like the challenge of making the decals work.  

In either case, you made it work.

David G.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...