Model Cars Magazine Forum

Alpha Models - In the Works

1 hour ago, niteowl7710 said:

Glad to see I'll still be in debt to them throughout 2021...

The McLarens and Porsche not much interest, except, possibly the P1.  The Bimmer looks interesting.  Would be nice if they did some 4 door sport sedans, especially since they are coming out the RS6 Avant.  But, the wallet does cringe with this type of goody list

2 hours ago, clipper57 said:

Well I know what I' ll be asking for Christmas.Are these available now?

There will be a Liberty Walk R35 released at the end of the month in a Hobby Design box, and then another Aston Martin (either the Vantage or DB11) will be the next Alpha kit. Nothing on this list will see the light of day before 2021. 

Given that they alternate between doing HD releases and Alpha releases this probably covers their plans through most of next year. They're based in Wuhan itself, so this year's events really put them behind in terms of getting out projects that had been announced in 2019 for 2020.

Yeah, too many McLarens. The Porsche should've been an RS with the cool front fender vents. Also, would like to have seen the Ferrari SP1/SP2 Monza and/or Ferrari Roma.

The 1/43 Singer Porsche they've posted to FB and other forums - did they copy a die cast model?  Doesn't look like their usual CAD-designed models.

Edited by BVC500

22 minutes ago, BVC500 said:

Yeah, too many McLarens. The Porsche should've been an RS with the cool front fender vents. Also, would like to have seen the Ferrari SP1/SP2 Monza and/or Ferrari Roma.

The 1/43 Singer Porsche they've posted to FB and other forums - did they copy a die cast model?  Doesn't look like their usual CAD-designed models.

I, too, am surprised by the number of McLarens.  I would love to see a Roma, SF90 and SP1/SP2 even though the latter is not legal for road use in the USA.   I would also have loved for them them to do a transkit to take the Fujimi F12 to a F12 TdF.  They indicated there would be more Porsche variants, so the RS is a possibility.  Time will tell, I guess.  

I wonder if Tamiya might do a SF90, given their run of Ferrari hypercars?

Edited by Exotics_Builder

7 minutes ago, Exotics_Builder said:

I, too, am surprised by the number of McLarens.  I would love to see a Roma, SF90 and SP1/SP2 even though the latter is not legal for road use in the USA.   I would also have loved for them them to do a transkit to take the Fujimi F12 to a F12 TdF.  They indicated there would be more Porsche variants, so the RS is a possibility.  Time will tell, I guess.  

I wonder if Tamiya might do a SF90, given their run of Ferrari hypercars?

Fingers crossed for Tamiya's next car release.  A Ferrari 812 GTS would've been nice too!

In regards to the McLarens, it's a 765LT which is the brand new car introduced this year as a track focused version of the 720S. The P1 - which everyone and their 3rd cousin's 4th mother wanted from Revell after they did their 570. Lastly a P1 LM which set the unofficial fastest production car lap time at the Nurburgring. They didn't have a front license plate on it, so technically it was not "street legal" within whatever cockamamy set of rules regulates the lap records there. 

*shrug* Why can't McLaren get any love? I mean we've gotten kits of far less inspiring Ferraris over the course of time including TWO companies doing both versions of the 360, and Fujimi doing 3 street and 1 track version of the F430 (plus the Revell one). Separate up top and down top versions of the California? ?

3 hours ago, echoxrayniner said:

McLarens, Porsches, an Audi and a BMW, all street legal(minus the P1 LM) too. Hello debt my old friend. We're critically underserved on McLarens so I'm excited, same for the Audi and BMW. Hell other than Hasegawa, its been years since we had a street stock BMW luxury car.

P1 LM is street legal. 

https://www.autoblog.com/2016/06/22/mclaren-p1-lm-extreme-exclusive-supercar/

1 hour ago, niteowl7710 said:

Ohh heck you're right, I was thinking of the GTR. The LM is the road going version of course, derped a little. Can't help but wonder what the retail price will be down the line for these bad boys.

17 minutes ago, echoxrayniner said:

Ohh heck you're right, I was thinking of the GTR. The LM is the road going version of course, derped a little. Can't help but wonder what the retail price will be down the line for these bad boys.

Of the Alpha kits? They're $180 shipped from Alpha directly, and you can gleefully be like me and be the first person in the world to have one for all the FB and IG likes. ;)

So far the cheapest option had been catching them on pre-order sale at HobbyEasy out of Hong Kong, with the mail system back up and running you should be able to get one delivered for around $165.

6 minutes ago, niteowl7710 said:

Of the Alpha kits? They're $180 shipped from Alpha directly, and you can gleefully be like me and be the first person in the world to have one for all the FB and IG likes. ;)

So far the cheapest option had been catching them on pre-order sale at HobbyEasy out of Hong Kong, with the mail system back up and running you should be able to get one delivered for around $165.

That's actually not a terrible price, I expected it to be far higher! Hopefully by the time this whole COVID horror show's gone the friggin' mail systems will have recovered.

4 minutes ago, echoxrayniner said:

That's actually not a terrible price, I expected it to be far higher! Hopefully by the time this whole COVID horror show's gone the friggin' mail systems will have recovered.

They're stupid fun to me. I've bought so many resin transkits that came with 0 instructions or advice on how to assemble the box of bits, to say nothing of pieces being too long, too short, warped, and/or entirely shaped wrong to fit the base kits. Alphas are self-reliant, you don't need anything but paint and glue, and they assemble like a big set of Legos in a lot of cases. They have a nice bludgeon-your-neighbor heft to them so you can handle it and not have it explode into a pile of resin dust. Curbside and basically no chassis detail other than front and rear splitters and exhaust tips in most things not rear engined. But to me those "cons" don't outweigh the positives if you subject matter floats your goat.

Aston Martin DB11 is the next one coming out at the end of next month. Photos don't show the fact it does come with die-cut "windows" that have the black surrounds preprinted and several sheets of P/E.

FB_IMG_1603496972580.jpg.6f7c2abeadcb6c592307c26800421aa3.jpg

FB_IMG_1603496960493.jpg.dadb215c6c3c5558e7400e2a3320638a.jpg

1 hour ago, BVC500 said:

You know, for some time I was wondering if there was a relationship, given your last name

On this list, likely the P1 and M4.  RS6 Avant DTM is hopefully coming out soon.

3 hours ago, Exotics_Builder said:

You know, for some time I was wondering if there was a relationship, given your last name

Yes, but no free cars or discounts...sigh...haha, but maybe if I could afford his cars.

Wholeheartedly agree with James' assessment of the Alpha kits. I have the Chiron and GTC4Lusso, which I have yet to start. They are nice kits if you just want to focus on exterior and interior colors, which is my favorite part of the build, and they seem to go together well in testing fitting, though I've noticed that the GT4Lusso's pre-cut windows need a little trimming in certain areas to fit the surrounds.

Edited by BVC500

42 minutes ago, BVC500 said:

Yes, but no free cars or discounts...sigh...haha, but maybe if I could afford his cars.

Wholeheartedly agree with James' assessment of the Alpha kits. I have the Chiron and GTC4Lusso, which I have yet to start. They are nice kits if you just want to focus on exterior and interior colors, which is my favorite part of the build, and they seem to go together well in testing fitting, though I've noticed that the GT4Lusso's pre-cut windows need a little trimming in certain areas to fit the surrounds.

I wish they would do the engine and chassis as well, but MFH doesn't do much more for some of their offerings and a lot more money.  These are the ALpha kits I have so far, plus the HD 599 GTO transkit that was eliminated by the Revell kit

DSCF2366.JPG