Model Cars Magazine Forum

ALA KART finished

Fifer

6 minutes ago, doorsovdoon said:

Great looking build, I do like those decals. The gearbox looks like real cast steel! What paint did you use for that? 

Thanks so much , I think that paint was Model Master steel metallizer.

Mike

2 hours ago, doorsovdoon said:

ah ok. We have Rustoleum products since forever, but has never been a paint associated with model building in the UK, it's always been something that's referred to for covering rusty gates and cast iron machines!

Yes . It is sad to see them buy Testors and then just stop producing it. What was the point?

Mike

2 minutes ago, espo said:

You really did a great job with this one. The kits decal colors are off a little but you got them all on there just the way they are supposed to be and that is a job in its self. Beautiful looking finish.  

Thanks so much . In model trains we never know the right color for anything as old photo's never seem to be true either .

Thanks , Mike

10 minutes ago, Phildaupho said:

Great to see an Ala Kart model built. I have been a fan since I first saw pictures of it as a kid and still plan to build one someday. I have a large poster of it from Rodder's Journal hanging over my hobby bench.

Thanks Phil, I to was a fan and I just ordered a copy of the Oct. 59? Hot Rod Mag to put behind it.

Mike